Chapter 19

"Where are you guys going?"

I asked Sokka and Zuko as they were packing up Zuko's hot air balloon. "We're going to save Suki." Sokka said as he tossed in the last thing. They got into the air balloon. "I want to help." I said about to climb in but Sokka stopped me. "You should stay here and watch out for everyone else." I furrowed my brows and crossed my arms.

"You're going to need me when shit hits the fan."

"She is right. Where Suki is, we're going to need all the help we can get."

"Fine, just don't blow our cover."

Sokka helped me into the hot air balloon and then we were off to the boiling rock prison. It took a while to get there so during that time Sokka and Zuko were talking as I took a nap. "Hey, we're here wake up." Zuko said as he gently shook me awake. I woke up and rubbed my eyes, he helped me stand up. We knocked out two guards and a prisoner and got their outfits. "Turn around." I said embarrassed. Zuko blushed and quickly turned around followed by Sokka.

We got dressed which was the most awkward part of today. "Ok, I'm done." I said. They turned around and we started to come up with a plan. A prisoner overheard us and wanted in on the plan otherwise he'd rat us out. Sokka let him in and now it was time to locate Suki. Right now it was currently the prisoners' free roam time. So we went to the courtyard and began our search.

We went into the courtyard and split up looking for Suki. Our meeting point was in the middle of the courtyard if free time wasn't over. I was looking around seeing familiar faces as prisoners, unimportant people I'd seen when I was little. And in the corner sitting hugging her legs I found Suki. I walked up to her and nudged her. "What do you want?" She said annoyed. "To break you out." I whispered.

She stood up and looked at me not believing me. "It's me, (y/n). I'm here with Sokka and Zuko." She smiled big and we went to the meet-up spot as I whispered the plan to her. Zuko came back and eventually so did Sokka. Once Sokka saw her he almost blew our cover by how happy he was to see her, but he kept his composure.

꧁𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝꧂

I opened my tent and saw Zuko, he looked like he was thinking about how to knock. "Oh hey, what's up?" I asked. "I just wanted to know if I could hang out with you." He said a little awkwardly. "Can't sleep?" I asked. He shook his head no, I made room for him so he crawled inside. I laid down and he laid down next to me still with his awkward demeanor.

"Remember that book you got me on my birthday?" I asked looking at him.

"Yeah, what about it?" He looked at me blushing.

I rolled over and grabbed it then rolled back over to face him. I handed him the book, he looked at me a little confused. "Read it." I motioned him to read it. "Why?" Zuko asked blushing a little. "When you gave it to me you said you wanted to see what I'd do with it. Duh." He slightly blushed more as he opened the book and began to read. Some parts made him chuckle and some made him want more explanations.

As he was getting closer to the last written page, the letters he sent me fell out. He looked at the letters and picked them up, noticing what they were he looked at me shocked. "You kept them all?" He seemed a little surprised, I nodded my head now blushing a little. He went back to reading and started the last entry.