Chapter 15

Dear Zuko,

We left Ba Sing Se. It's no longer safe here since the Dai Li has overrun the kingdom and is against Aang. I'm not sure where we're going, but once I find out, I'll let you know.

Iroh told me you had a date, I hope you guys had fun. Katara had also told me you helped save Appa. Well, she didn't know it was you since your disguise. But she was grateful for it. She then told me that when they were fighting Azula, you had picked her side. I thought you wanted to join us. You can't play both sides, one will eventually catch on.

From, (Y/n)

I finished writing the note and folded it neatly and went to work. "Good morning, Iroh." I said as I walked inside. He smiled and welcomed me in as he returned the good morning. "I just came by to give you a message." I said a little sad, not knowing when the next time I could see them is. "What is it?" He asked curious, pulling a seat out for the both of us. "I need you to give this to Zuko." I spoke as I sat down. He took the note from my hand and nodded as he sat down.

"It says that I'm leaving Ba Sing Se. It isn't safe here for us anymore."

"Where will you go?"

"I'm not sure..."

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂

We're on our way to the fire nation, a very daring thing to do but we're desperate. We need a place to hide while Aang is like this and we need to find a fire-bending teacher. He's been getting better at controlling the small flame I make him do but he's so nervous about doing anything else.

I was the one in charge of steering Appa since I know the place better and because Sokka wanted to sleep. And Katara is too busy healing Aang in hopes it'll wake him up. I kept us way above the clouds so we wouldn't be seen by the ships as we passed onto their waters. Once we made it in the fire nation I lowered us in the clouds until we reached the mainland.

I found a cave far away from the city outside of the kingdom. "What are we? Cavemen?" Sokka groaned looking at the cave. "It's so we're not found you idiot." Toph said as she smacked him and then walked into the cave. It was dark out so I gathered some firewood as everyone was setting their things up. I then shot a fireball at the pile of sticks and created our fire. Appa then started to freak out and we all tried calming him down.

It wasn't working so I put the fire out with water and that made him calm down. "Since when is scared of fire?" I asked. "It must've happened when he was lost. Whatever happened included fire." Katara explained as she fed him some melons and berries. He ate them and she scratched his forehead calming him down more. "Well, now how are we staying warm?" Sokka whined.

"Find out yourselves, I'm good in my rock tent." Toph said as she made her tent and crawled in.

"We could do what we would do in snow storms." Katara suggested.

"And what's that?" I raised an eyebrow.

I mentally groaned as we three lay together on Appa keeping us warm. I used my heat breath, a trick Iroh showed me for cold places. I eventually went to sleep.

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂

The next day we woke up early, I got up and fed Momo and Appa then moved our firewood pile further away from Appa. "Maybe if we have the fire further away from him, he won't freak out as much." I spoke to myself as the firewood was now on the other side of the cave. "Maybe." Sokka shrugged as he walked by. I walked up to Katara who was trying to get Aang to wake up.