Chapter 7

"Now explain." Katara said firmly as she crossed her arms.

"I can duel bend both fire and water."

"That's so cool! Can you do both at the same time?" Sokka asked a little excited.

I shook my head no which made him bummed out. "Why didn't you tell us?" Katara spoke as if she was a parental figure lecturing their child. "Because I was afraid you and Sokka would hate me. I know what fire benders did to your village and your mom, they did it to mine too. And I hated them for such a long time until I met nice ones. So I was afraid you'd hate me so I made sure to let you know about my water-bending first and it made you so excited which made me dread the thought of telling you about my other thing." I explained calmly, her facial expressions softened as she looked more awkward now.

"Who cares if she can do both, I think it's cool." Sokka said with a big smile.

"And it's good that she can do both. I need a fire-bending teacher remember?" Aang said as he placed his hand on Katara's shoulder.

"You're right... I'm sorry I let my emotions get the best of me."

"It's ok, I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys sooner. Just please be more open-minded about firebenders."

She nodded with a smile and opened her arms, I opened mine and we both hugged each other. We separated from the hug with smiles on our faces. "Now that we're all made up can we go before they catch up?" Sokka mocked us, I rolled my eyes and pushed his face away. "Hey! That wasn't nice!" Sokka complained.

We loaded all our things onto Appa and piled on then made our way to the next destination. "Where are we going exactly?" I asked peeking over Appa's saddle. "We're going to find a water bender that can teach us in the northern water tribe." Katara smiled.

"Northern..?"

"Yeah, aren't you excited to see your home again?" Aang asked happily.

"I'm not sure.. the last time I was there was not so great."

"You'll have plenty of time to calm down those nerves of yours. It'll take weeks to get there, right now we're just stopping by random places."

Sokka spoke as he patted my shoulder. "Thanks." I mumbled.

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂

"I think we should stop at that village for a bit. Appa seems pretty tired."

Aang spoke as he pointed down towards a village. Everyone agreed so we landed nearby and walked into the village. It was a small cozy earth colony. We managed to get a room to stay in and had Appa relax outside next door in the shade. "Let's go check this place out." Katara spoke motioning for me to join her, I nodded happily and left the two boys alone. We left the room and looked around the village. We browsed the stands they had that displayed the merchants' items.

As we were browsing their shopping area we overheard someone talking about a fortune teller in the village and how their fortune came true. "We should go get Sokka and Aang and go see her!" Katara said happily. "You believe in that stuff?" I asked confused, she shrugged and dragged me back to the room we were staying in. But on the way there she said something to me that would stay with me forever. "It's actually nice having another girl in the group, we're kinda like sisters don't you think?" She smiled sweetly at me as she spoke, taken aback by shock and awe, I couldn't do anything more than nod.