Chapter 9

"Katara could you make my hair like yours? Pretty please?"

I asked enthusiastically as I clasped my hands together, begging her to give me a water tribe hairstyle. "Exactly like mine?" She asked a bit unsure. I shook my head and asked for a water tribe ponytail. She nodded her head after thinking of one and sat behind me. Undoing my fire nation ponytail she brushed out my hair. She took my red ribbons and placed them on her lap for later use. Then began to put my hair up into a Water Tribe ponytail.

"While you girls are playing dress up I'm going to go catch us some dinner."

Sokka sarcastically spoke as he laughed to himself walking off to the river just in front of us. I rolled my eyes and water bent a wave causing him to fall into the water. Katara and I giggled as she gave me a high five. "Nice one." She tied the ribbons in my hair making sure everything was in place and looked nice. "All done! What do you think?" She smiled wide. I eagerly jogged to the water and looked at my reflection.

I had a neatly tied half up half down ponytail with strands hanging out framing my face. I looked over at her with a giant smile. "I love it!"

Sokka splashed water onto my face getting my face and hair wet. He laughed and pointed at me. "That's what you get for messing with the boomerang guy!" I looked at him and glared, bending an even bigger wave crashing down on him. "Uh oh." He looked at it and screamed as it sent him under. He resurfaced and spat out water as he put his hands up. "I give up just stop using your stupid magic water on me." This sent Katara into a laughing fit.

"Time for the northern water tribe!" Aang excitedly shouted.

Sokka rang out all his clothes once he was out of the water. I bent the water out of my hair and splashed it onto Sokka. "Hey! Truce c'mon!" He groaned as he continued to ring out the water. I laughed and agreed as I bent the water out of his clothes and returned it to the lake. We then loaded our things on Appa and piled on.

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂

We made it to the northern water tribe and then landed near the entrance. We walked in and took in the scenery. "Wow, you lived here? This place is so beautiful!" Katara spoke in awe as she too was looking around. There were plenty of people on the sides whispering and pointing but none came to our aid. It looked exactly as I remembered it.

We were escorted by a guard to the king and queen. I immediately kneeled showing my respect, Katara and Aang following after me. Katara hit Sokka in the stomach to make him get the hint. He quickly kneeled and the king spoke. "You may stand back up." We all followed his word and stood up. "Who are you four and what is it you came here for?" He asked.

"I don't really like pulling this card but... My name is Aang, I'm the avatar. We came here so Katara, (Y/n), and I can learn how to water bend."

"You're the avatar?"

"Yes, and I need to learn water bending so I can stop the war."

The King nodded his head and explained who he must look for to teach Aang water bending. He then looked over at me and squinted. I nervously gulped hoping I did nothing wrong. "(Y/n) that names sounds so familiar...are you perhaps (Y/n) of the northern water tribe, daughter of (D/n)?" I nodded my head with a small smile on my face.

"Then I must insist you go meet with our finest water-bending master, Pakku." He too had a small smile on his face.

We arrived at Pakku's lesson and watched in excitement till it ended. Once it ended we eagerly went up to him. "Hello, we were wondering if you'd be able to teach us water bending?" Aang asked excitedly, Pakku nodded and instructed Katara and me to go to the healing huts. "But we already know how to heal." I complained. "That's incredibly sexist! We should be able to know how to fight!"