Chapter 8: Kion's Journey

"NO!" Kion stared at his parents in disbelief. "Please! I know where she is, I have to find her," Kion begged.

"No Kion, you aren't going. I don't want you traveling alone in the middle of nowhere," Simba growled.

"But dad-" Nala cut Kion off. "Listen to your father Kion." "But I need to find her! I already love her!" Kion shouted.

"You've never even met her!" Simba growled. "Mufasa told me where she lives, and her name," Kion growled.

Simba stared at Kion. "My dad told you..." Kion nodded.

Simba growled and roared at the sky, "DAD! YOUR FILLING MY SONS HEAD WITH NONSENSE!"

Mufasa didn't appear. Simba growled. "Dad please," Kion was on the verge of tears. "I don't mind you dreaming about her, but I don't want you out looking for her! Who knows how far the place is!" Simba growled.

"It's a hard no Kion," Nala said. The tears Kion held in came out. He ran into Priderock.

Kion layed down and cried. His parents let everyone but him find love.

Nala looked at Simba

Nala looked at Simba. "Maybe we were to hard on him?"

"No, I won't let Kion journey on his own. I don't want to lose another son," Simba replied. Nala nuzzled under Simba's chin.

Kion looked up. He wiped away his tears. Kion saw and opening in Priderock.

Kion walked over to it. He moved the rocks so there was a bigger opening for him. Kion climbed out.

If his parents wouldn't let him leave, he would run away.

As Kion was about to run, Kiara and Kovu stood in his way. "Let me go Kiara. You have love, don't try to take love from me," Kion growled.

"Kion, we aren't trying to stop you, we want to go with you," Kiara replied. Kion loosened up. "But what about mom and dad." Kion asked. "We will come back after we find this Rani girl your dreaming about," Kiara replied.

Kion smiled, "C'mon let's go." Kion, Kiara, and Kovu ran away from the Pridelands. Kion looked back one last time. "If you won't let me be happy, then you can live without me," Kion said, meaning that for his parents.

Kion then walked away.