Chapter 22: King And Queen

Kion and Rani were sleeping in their cave.

Kion yawned and woke up. He smiled when he saw Rani by his side. Kion wrapped his arms around her, bringing her into a cuddle.

"Mm Kion?" Rani asked turning around. Kion smiled. "Oh ok it's just you," Rani sighed as she looked at him. "Why? What did you think I was," Kion chuckled. "I was just paranoid, had a bad dream last night," Rani replied.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Kion asked. "Because you were sleeping like a rock," Rani chuckled. "So? I take time for you, I don't mind if you wake me from my sleep," Kion replied. "You would," Rani chuckled.

"Ok fine I would care," Kion smiled. Rani giggled, and cuddled closer to Kion.

"Your better now right?" Kion asked. Rani kissed him, "Yes, I am." They stood up.

Ullu flee into their den. "Rani, Kion, it's Janna," Ullu said sadly. Rani looked at Kion. They followed Ullu.

As they walked into the tree, they could hear some coughing. "Grandmother?" Rani asked. Janna looked up at her, "Rani, Kion, come," Janna said weakly.

They walked up to her sadly. "Rani, I don't have much time left, you and Kion are the new rulers," Janna coughed. "Grandmother," Rani nuzzled her. Kion nuzzled Janna as well.

"I love you...Rani," Janna sighed, and passed away. Rani burst into tears. She cried into Kion's chest. Kion shed a few tears as well.

Not long after, Kion and Rani were standing on the Crowning Rock. The funeral was not long before that.

A baboon dipped his finger in the paint, and put a 'V' shape on Kion's head, and and rainbow shape on Rani's.

"King Kion and Queen Rani!" The animals cheered for them. Right then, Rani screamed and fell to the ground. "RANI!" Kion was instantly at her side. The animals gasped.

Nirmala pushed through. "Rani, this way," Nirmala led Rani into the tree. Kion ran after but Nirmala pushed him, "You can't come." "Why?" Kion asked.

Nirmala didn't answer. "Tell me, and I won't go in," Kion ordered. "Rani's giving birth, now stay here!" She growled and rushed Rani into the tree.

Kion froze I place. "Wait Rani's giving birth!" Kion shouted. He paced back and forth, while the animals looked around with worry.

Rani screamed. "Hey Rani, it's ok, calm down," Nirmala said. Rani shed a tear, and screamed. "Ok Rani, push."

Rani pushed, and a golden lioness fell into Nirmala's arms. "One more," Nirmala said. Rani pushed again, and a male fell into Nirmala's arms.

Rani licked her cubs as they nursed. Nirmala let Kion in.

Kion dashed in. "Rani, are you ok?" Kion asked worried. Rani nodded with a smile. Kion sighed. He licked her cheek.

"What are their names?" Kion asked. "Sawa for the girl, Raja for the boy," Rani replied.

Kion smiled. "I love you Rani." "I love you to," Rani kissed him.

The End!

I hope you all liked this book! I'm going to publish another, but it might take a minute. I want to re-read what I have in it so far, because it's been a while since I updated it. Love yall!