Chapter 11: Let You Down

It has been a few days of traveling, and the finally arrived at the Tree Of Life.

Kiara groaned and held her stomach. Kovu nuzzled her.

Kion smiled, "W-We made it...WE ACTUALLY MADE IT!" Kion jumped with joy.

"You aren't going to do anything to my home," Someone growled. Kion looked around. Kovu stood infront of Kiara.

A lioness came into the light. Kion gasped. It was Rani, the lioness he had dreamed about for weeks.

Rani growled at Kion. 3 other lion's appeared behind her. "No, we don't want trouble," Kovu said. Kion was Speechless. Rani was even more beautiful in real life.

Rani growled, "ATTACK!" They all attacked. Rani charged at Kion. Baliyo and Surak went for Kovu, Nirmala went for Kiara.

Kion wouldn't fight Rani. He couldn't hurt the lioness he dreamed about, and loved.

Baliyo and Surak distracted Kovu, Nirmala attacked Kiara.

Because Kiara was pregnant, it was harder for her to move, and fight.

Nirmala pinned Kiara to the ground and clawed at her stomach.

Kovu saw a lioness with a flower in her ear clawing at Kiara's stomach. "NO!" He shouted. He threw Surak and Baliyo off him, and hit Nirmala away from Kiara.

Kovu looked down at Kiara, she was alright. Kovu listened and felt for the cubs....nothing.

"No.." Kovu whispered. He burst into tears. Kiara rolled over next to him and cried.

"Why are they crying, she's still alive?" Rani asked. She had Kion pinned to the ground. "That lioness that was just attacked, was my sister, and she was pregnant!" Kion yelled he threw Rani off him.

"What kind of heartless animals are you! We weren't trying to threaten you, we came in peace, yet you decided to come along and attack us, then kill cubs that weren't even born yet!" Kion growled.

He approached Rani, and extended his claws. "I-Im sorry I didn't know," Rani backed up, ears pinned to her head.

Kion stopped. He couldn't hurt her. She may have hurt his sister, but he couldn't bring himself to hurt Rani.

Kion sighed and walked to Kiara and Kovu, both crying.

Baliyo, Surak, and Nirmala went up to Rani.
"Nirmala! Why did you do that!" Surak shouted. "I didn't know she was pregnant!" Nirmala shouted back.

Kiara cried into Kovu's chest. "I let you down Kiara, I'm so sorry," Kovu cried.

Kion looked at them with sympathy, and sighed.