Chapter 1: Shattered Dreams

|Hailey's POV|

Why did he say those things?

Why didn't I stay? What if he had a reason? Maybe it wasn't his fault.

I had just run out of the music room, crying. I could hear Zander threatening and yelling at Jake, but I didn't really care. I was outside of my school, Rosemeadow High, sitting by a bush, wiping my tears. I sniffed and took my phone out of my pocket, opened Messages, and texted Shannon, my stepmother, to ask her if she could pick me up. I typed in, Mom, pick me up please. I need to go home. She responded quickly with, Sure, sweetie, I'll come. But what's wrong?  I sniffed again and put my phone back in my pocket, not wanting to respond because otherwise, I would have to face the truth. I stayed out there for a few more minutes and saw Shannon's car pull up by the entrance of my school. She opened the door and got in. She started walking towards the door, but suddenly saw me, and started running towards me.

"Hailey! What happened!" She exclaimed. She kneeled down and wrapped me in a hug, hugging tighter as my sobs got louder.

Suddenly, all the words that I'd kept bottled up inside spilled out, and Shannon sat there, listening to me patiently.

"Jake- he said things- why did he say those things!" I cried. Shannon shook her head in disbelief, shocked that Jake would do this to the club.

"Oh, honey. Come on, let's go. Go sit in the car and I'll tell your principal that you're leaving." She said. I sniffed and nodded, standing up. I dragged my feet to her black SUV, depressed over what had happened. (A/N: guys im pretty sure that school doesn't work like that, but, y'know, whatever's convenient)

Why would he say those things! I asked myself, the same question I had asked myself about a million times. I opened the car door and stepped in, wiping my eyes as I held onto the armrest next to the seat. I pulled myself onto a seat and sat down, burying my face into my hands.

I gasped in remembrance as I realized something. My stage fright. Without Jake to sing with me, I wouldn't be able sing on stage. I couldn't sing alone. With him out of the club, my dreams were shattered.

Hi, my Blueberries! 🫐 🦋
So, this is my FIRST chapter of my fan fic! I- *eats foot* I honestly don't really like this chapter. 😅 I feel like it's a bit lazy, but the only reason for that is that I was also stressing over my Enchanted book. So from now on, I will be less lazy with these chapter since I'm focusing solely on this book, and, not to toot my own horn 😂 I REALLY like the next chapter (I've already wrote it) and I hope you like it as much as I do too!

Bye, my Blueberries! 🫐🦋

(A/N: this is me re-reading this book in December 2023 and there are (were) 494 FREAKING WORDS (now 522) LIKE WTH HOW SHORT WERE THESE CHAPTERS)