Chapter 5: Stupid Reasons

Why am I doing this? I should leave her alone. Why am I so stupid! I can't do this- oh, and I already rang the doorbell. Idiot! I thought, ringing the doorbell of Hailey's house. The door opened almost immediately to reveal a familiar blue-haired girl, with a shocked look on her face. She looked as beautiful as the day I had met her, even before I joined the music club. I blinked my eyes a few times, taking advantage of the silence, trying to shake off the memories of me and Hailey together, having the best time.

"What are you doing here!" Hailey demanded, a furious look on her face. "Come back to hurt me more, Jake?" My eyes were brimming with tears as I recoiled at her accusation.

"No! Of course not! I just wanna say..." I started, but abruptly stopped as I noticed Hailey's miserable face, her eyes tearing up.

"Hailey! Please don't cry, I can't see you cry..." I pleaded. Her face suddenly went blank then changed to a furious expression.

"Don't cry?! It'll make you feel sad?! You hypocrite! You're the reason I'm crying, Jake! I was starting to trust you, starting to l-" She cut off her angry rant and squeezed her eyes shut.

"I'm sorry, Hailey..." I whispered. She gave me a furious glare, sadness in her face and her eyes brimming with tears. She slammed the door in my face, turning her back just before closing it. I fell onto my knees and started sobbing quietly. I though about Hailey, and I realized that I could hear her inside, sobbing.

Hi, my Blueberries! 🫐 🦋
So I know that this chapter is VERY SHORT. I just wanna say, I made this chapter very short because this took place before and while Jake had rang Hailey's doorbell, and the encounter was very short, so that's why it's short. So since this chapter is very short, the next chapter I post will be in Hailey's POV but I will be posting that on the same day as this chapter! Stay tuned for more!

Bye, my Blueberries