Chapter 14: Broken Friendship

|Drew's POV|

The last few days had been literal hell. Literal hell.

For the past few days, Jake had been avoiding me. The only time he had talked to me during that time was a few minutes ago, during class. I was still surprised that he had talked to me at all, but nonetheless, it was horrible, and he was obviously distracted. All that was left of the Jomies was Liam, Henry, and me. All the lunches, classes, times the Jomies hung out, they were all crappy without Jake, as no one talked much, and whenever someone did talk, it was Henry and Liam raving on and on about lettuce and Stacy's 'hot mom'. Which was gross. And that was what was happening today.

We were at lunch, and, as usual, Liam and Henry were rambling about stupid things. I was looking through my socials, scrolling down until I found interesting photos or videos.

"So then, he said, 'Lettuce is stupid!'. So I said, 'How dare you! Stop reflecting yourself in lettuce!'" Henry raved. Liam responded by shaking his head in defeat.

"I should stop trying to get you over lettuce, because it's never gonna happen." He sighed, earning a triumphant look from Henry. I rolled my eyes and continued to scroll, stopping every so often to glance at posts. Then, I saw one. One that I had posted. It was a photo of all four of us, including Jake, in front of the outlet mall near my house. We were together, laughing, and Jake was bunny-earring me while I swatted his hand away with a mock-annoyed expression of my face. I sighed and closed my phone, placing it onto the space next to me on the seat. Henry glanced towards me, clearly noticing that I was upset.

"What happened, dude?" He asked, tilting his head curiously.

"Nothing." I said, crossing my arms, then uncrossing them to take my first bite of my cheeseburger, which had gone cold as I hadn't touched it since 15 minutes ago when I had ordered it. Liam and Henry glanced at each other, exchanging a 'oh, that's what's up' look.

"Is this about Jake? I mean, you've been acting depressed ever since he left, and you looked overjoyed after math when you were telling us that he talked to you." Liam pointed out, causing me to recoil in shock.

How did he guess?! I thought, then realized. I guess I've been pretty obvious about it.

"So what if was about Jake?" I muttered. "It's not like I can do anything about it. I don't even know why he left!" I groaned, throwing my head back, and rubbed my forehead. I looked to the right towards the table Jake and Hailey were sharing. They were laughing and talking, just like Jake and the rest of us used to. Then I saw something that caused my eyes to widen in surprise. Jake winked at Hailey, smiling, causing pink to rush to her cheeks. She flusteredly looked to the side and said something, making Jake laugh.

Oh my gosh. I gasped on the inside. Jake likes Hailey. I know that the fact I didn't realize this until now was stupid, considering I always teased Jake about Hailey being his 'music girlfriend', but I didn't actually expect him to like her. A feeling started bubbling up in my stomach, one that surprised me. Jealously.

What the- Drew, why are you jealous?! Jake is just your friend, and just hers too! I kicked myself, my legs thankfully hidden under the table.

"Drew? Drew!" A voice shouted, followed by a hand waving in front of my face. "Dude, what was that? You totally spaced out!"

I blinked, snapping out of my trance.

"Wha- what? N-nothing, I'm fine." I said coldly, glaring at Henry, who jumped back in surprise when I blinked. I set my cheeseburger down, picked up my phone, and rose from my seat. I exited the cafeteria, glancing one last time towards Jake and Hailey. I saw Jake giving me a cold stare, his fist squeezed so tight, it turned red. His warm brown eyes froze over, causing pain to crash over me like a wave of misery. I turned my head back ahead of me and squeezed my eyes shut, failing to keep a single tear to escape from eye.

Hello, my Blueberries! 🦋🫐

So, this chapter is a little different. It's a chapter in Drew's POV, and, I don't know if this is obvious, but I tried to add a little Drake in there 😅
For all the Jailey fans, I want you to know that Jake does actually end up with Hailey eventually (obviously)
But, I thought adding another 'romance' would make things a little interesting *insert wink emoji*
I have some ideas of who Drew will end up with, but feel free to comment if you want him to end up with a specific character!

Bye, my Blueberries! 🦋🫐