Telling Bilbo goodbye

~about 2 hours later~

I walked into the room Thorin was staying in to recover.

I sat down on the side of his bed. "Óin says you should be well enough to come to the celebration tonight." Óin had tended to Thorin's injury's, Thorin seems to be fine other than his foot and some bruises.

Thorin smiled. "I'm glad to hear that."

A few moments of silence passed before Thorin decided to break the silence.

Thorin cleared his throat. "So, uh..why did you kiss me earlier?"

"I was just so glad that you were okay. It didn't dawn on me about how much I actually cared about you until I saw you that close to dying..." I confessed.

Thorin placed a hand on my face and pulled it closer to his. I was nearly laying down now.

"What are you doing?" I whispered with a slight smile.

"This." He put his lips to mine and began kissing me.

We kissed until we heard a knock on the door. We pulled away rather quickly and I sat up.

"Come in." Thorin said.

Ori walked in. "Bilbo is about to leave."

I got up. "Not without saying goodbye to me, he's not." I looked at Thorin and helped him get up.

We walked outside and saw Bilbo talking to the others. Kíli and Tauriel were standing together. I smiled at them, they returned my smile.

"You can't leave without telling us goodbye." I said with a smile.

Bilbo smiles sadly. "Of course not."

Thorin walked through and hugged Bilbo. "Farewell, master Baggins." Thorin then apologized to Bilbo how he treated him.

"Goodbye Thorin." Bilbo said after pulling out of their hug.

I walked up to them and ruffled Bilbo's hair, which was extremely soft. (*smiles enthusiastically*)

"Goodbye Bilbo. Safe travels, Mellon nin."

Bilbo smiled. "Thank you, Kylaney. Goodbye."

Bilbo waved the dwarves goodbye with a saddened expression then walked to Gandalf.

I waved goodbye to Gandalf. "Goodbye, Gandalf." I called.

Gandalf smiled before leaving.

I looked at Thorin, his face was saddened. I put a hand on his face with a sympathetic smile. I kissed his cheek then removed my hand.

I turned back around to the others. The dwarves who were once on the verge of tears were now grinning, especially Kíli and Tauriel.

I rolled my eyes with a chuckle.