"Mind is a prison"

Noeul POV

It was three simple words that had completely thrown me off track and haunted me even to the point of my dream.

"What are you thinking about my darling?" P'Mon brought me out of my thoughts with her soft voice and handed me a glass of orange juice. "Oh actually..." I stopped and stared at the orange liquid in front of me.

"Noeul, are you okay? Do you want to stay home today?" I quickly shook my head. "I'm fine, don't worry Pi." I gave her a smile, hoping to calm her down that way, and took a big gulp of the juice.

After I got over myself to eat something, I continued to stroll around the way too big house lost in thought, sighing every now and then. "Mr. Noeul, don't you have to go to the university?" Away his calm but authoritative voice made me look up.

He stood leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed and I felt him eyeing me. "Yes yes in a minute." I walked up to him and pointed my finger at his chest, "I said Noeul is enough." I pouted a little and blinked at him. "It's okay." He raised his hands in the air defensively and laughed, only briefly but it was enough to set me off.

"Good morning, son." And there it was, that smile on my lips originally disappeared as soon as I heard my father's deep voice. 

"Father." My gaze lingered on Forts, I didn't have the courage to look at my father. "Please change, we're about to meet someone very important to me and I want you to be there."

"I have classes!" I replied to him dryly. Fort his look, however, made me realize that I should pull myself together and I sighed, again. "It's fine, I'll go change." Defiantly, I went up to my room and slammed the door.

"Am I twelve again or what? I want to..." I ran my hands over my face and ruffled my hair, "What the hell..." I realized I couldn't change it anyway and decided to play along with my dad's little game, only from now on I was going to play by my own rules.

I pulled the belt of my suit pants tighter around my waist and undid the first three buttons of my shirt, but then closed one again. "Two will do." I nodded confidently to myself in the mirror, ran my hands through my hair once to get it in better position, and finished by applying my way-too-expensive perfume.

"Here I am, all done and prettied up." I spun around once on my own axis in front of my father so he could get a better look at me and rolled my eyes. My tone was ironic and I was sure he had heard it out.

"Well, let's go." "You're driving yourself?" Irritated, I looked at him after he picked up his car keys and for some inexplicable reason, my stomach felt weird. My dad never actually drove himself. As far as I remembered, he always had a driver.

- At the restaurant -

We drove into a rather posh restaurant which looked more like a bar and were immediately greeted by one of the waiters. "Your companion is already waiting for you." With these words,  the slim man leads us to one of the tables, secluded from the crowd, right by the window.

"You?!" I stopped in my tracks and before my father could say anything, I beat him to it. "Does that make sense?" I was talking more to myself, looking at the young man in front of me with a raised eyebrow. "Do you guys know each other?" My gaze broke away and went to my father.

Think Noeul, how should you best proceed now?

"We go to the same university and have run into each other once or twice." Boss, meanwhile, had stood up and bowed politely to my father.

This can't be true.

Boss looked different from how I remembered him. Instead of the black clothes, for once he was wearing light-colored jeans with a white shirt and had his hair neatly tied up.