Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The Alpha of the Silvertails pack was known as a monster in disguise and the rumours weren't wrong. In fact, it all became true when I met his strange, dark eyes that were empty and hollow. His men captured me the instant second, before I had the chance to even say anything.

My heart thudded in fear. It happened all of a sudden. One moment, the car headlight blinded my eyes and the other moment there was a bag on my head as I was being dragged away into a cold dark room.

There were several hands on me, all of them rough as I was pushed down to the ground. My hands brushed away the dirt as heavy breaths left my throat.

I reached for the bag over my head, but someone snatched my wrist and chained it before dragging my other hand and restraining them to the same chains.

"No, no..." I trembled, tears pouring out of my eyes and onto my cheeks. "I did nothing. It was an accident. I didn't mean to come here." Words came out of me broken.

I lunged forward, hoping to free myself from the chains but they tugged on the wall behind me. My heart raced. I gave my head a shake, hoping the bag would come off, but it didn't.

A moment later, I heard footsteps scurrying away, out of the room and then I heard a loud slam of the door before it was silence.

No.

I just fled from my brother who was trying to kill me and now, I fell into the hands of someone who'd do nothing more than to part my head from my body.

I intended on leaving. I didn't want to stay here. I was about to leave. Fuck. I was going to leave.

I tugged on the chains again as a small scream left from my lips. This time, the metal scratched against my wrists, creating a burning sensation.

"Help me!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, hoping someone would be around, someone merciful.

The rumors were true. The Alpha of the Silvertails was a vile man who stayed in the shadows. He didn't show mercy to anyone. His men didn't show mercy to anyone in the pack house or Frostshire. Everyone was killed and the ones who had fled were at the brim of their lives, probably finding shelter far away from their town.

Just like me.

I barely made it out alive. If that wolf had seen me while killing Todd and Evan, my body would've been with them. But, I hid under the bed and saved myself.

I screamed once more and heard shuffling outside the room. A few minutes passed and the noises became unknown. I dragged my head against the wall, expecting for the bag to come off but it didn't. Every try failed and I sat back miserably, understanding this was of my own doing. If I hadn't slept in that car, I wouldn't have been here.

I should've stayed awake.

The sound of my ragged breathing echoed in my ears before hearing a loud slam. There were several footsteps surrounding.

"It's a human," Someone said. "It has no scent, nothing."

The bag was ripped off my head moments later and I blinked hardly before adjusting my vision to the dim lights inside the room—inside the empty dungeon with blood and guts smeared on the walls.

I didn't know what the scent was until now.

Pushing back a gag, I rose my head, meeting with numerous, questioning gazes and large men that stood tall above me.

"Must've entered from the woods." The man with the same voice as before said. He was similar to one of the men I had seen outside, celebrating their victory.

The man I had seen near the car, the Alpha, stood taller among them all. His eyes flickered to mine before he bent closer to me. A shuddering breath left my throat as his gaze burned through me for a long, quiet minute.

It was almost as if my worst nightmare had grasped me.

I could see my fate in his eyes, it was clear—death and nothing more.

My body didn't move, not even a single muscle. I stayed frozen under his scrutiny as he examined me.

"She's not a human," he said, voice deep and tough. He leaned back, tearing his gaze from me. I breathed finally. "She's a werewolf."

"She has no scent." The man beside the Alpha said. It was true—I didn't have a scent.

It was always easy for me to involve with the humans and wander around without ever being figured out as a werewolf.

The men turned around as did the Alpha. My lips lined straight, my heart beating hard and fast. How did he know I was a werewolf? What gave it away?

"Kill her," I heard him say in a whisper.

No.

"Bring the head to me after you're done." He continued, no emotion in his voice as if life didn't matter.

I lunged forward, but the restraints kept me at bay. "No. I didn't do anything. I wasn't meant to come here. It was an accident!" I exclaimed and then realized it was going to take a lot more than that. "Please. Don't kill me. I'll leave, I'll go away and I'll not say anything to anyone. I haven't seen or heard anything." I cried out as my throat began to close.

The men, most of them, including the Alpha of Silvertails left. One remains, the one who had been calling me it instead of a female.

"Don't kill me." I begged him.

"It's the Alpha's orders. I'm afraid there isn't much I can do," he said, shaking his head while his claws elongated. "You trespassed his territory."

"I didn't. I came here by accident. I didn't mean to." I moved back, slamming my back against the cold wall while my wrists fought against the metal chains that restrained me.

I couldn't run, not from here. It was nearly impossible.

"Whether or not you meant to, the Alpha's orders are clear. This will be quicker if you simply be quiet and let me finish my work." The man came closer, his claws not completely elongated, and reached for my throat.

"No!" I screamed, tugging on the chains and throwing my legs at him till he pushed backward. At the slightest impact, he only moved a few inches away. His strength was nothing compared to mine. "Don't kill me. Please. I don't want to die like this and I don't want to die tonight—"

Before I could further continue with my pleas, he grabbed my throat, sinking his claws into my neck and tearing a part of my flesh. I gasped for breaths, tears welling in my eyes.

"Give me a good reason why I shouldn't kill you," he said, loosening his hold. "The Alpha will want my head if I show the slightest mercy on you."

"I'm with child," I quickly spat out, without thinking. "And I didn't mean to come here. I didn't intend on any harm. I was led here by other men and I didn't know where I was when I woke up. Please, don't kill me."