Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"Let me get that off the bed!" Angel exclaimed while wrapping her arms around the bundle of clothes on the bed I was meant to sleep. She placed them on the side, over the couch before tidying the sheets for me.

"It's fine. I'll do it." I said, stepping forward and taking some of the work off her shoulder.

It was all abrupt. I couldn't take my mind off Nicholas or what was happening there, at his house.

"I knew you'd be back soon," April offered me a warm smile while setting up the rest of the sheets. "Where did you go to?" She asked, a moment later and with curiosity in the back of her tone.

"Just—somewhere." I tried to collect my thoughts but they were all jumbled up. "Do you know why I'm here? I know something happened, but I can't seem to figure out why he'd send me here."

Angel shrugged with a confused expression on her face. "I'm sorry. I don't know anything. Madam Sheryl told me you'd be coming just a few minutes before your arrival."

I blinked hard and nodded. Nothing.

"Well, if you need anything. I'll be around." She gave me another soft smile before walking out of the door.

I sat at the edge of the bed, the blanket draped over my lap while I buried my hands into the sheets to keep myself warm. Several girls walked across the hallway outside, some of them chatting with each other and some of them quiet.

My thoughts twisted with worry. I heard the sounds of the clock ticking, soon reaching to six when dinner was going to be served. Even when my stomach was grumbling, I didn't want to eat.

I snapped out of my trance when I sensed someone near the door. To my expectations, I believed it was Angel till I looked up and found another girl, one I had seen before, in Nicholas' bedroom.

Talia.

Her eyes flicked to mine. "You must be the one who has been keeping the Alpha's bed warm now," She walked in while running her long fingers down her hair. "It's truly a surprise." Her gaze ran all over me, studying my features and everything else.

My brows furrowed as I tried to make sense of her words. I hadn't slept with Nicholas—not yet.

"Why is it a surprise?" I asked as a confused expression twisted over my face.

Her smile deepened before she closed the door behind her and walked further into the bedroom. "He despises brunettes," She said while sitting down on Angel's bed and facing me. "And especially the clueless ones."

"You were in his bedroom..." I remembered clearly and even understood why she was there. Sheryl had sent her there. But why? Just some days ago, she came to me to tell me about what Nicholas preferred his woman to wear in bed.

And a few days later, she was sending Talia to him as if she wanted to know something.

"Nothing happened if that's what you want to know," Talia clarified while licking her lips. "It was the first time the Alpha had rejected me in the past two years. He hasn't slept with many women, just a few. Before me, there was another girl, that lasted for three years. And I suppose, my time is over as well."

I wasn't wrong to suspect that Nicholas had slept with her before. It was clear they had and I still wasn't sure why I was feeling jealous. For what? There wasn't any competition or anything.

So what if he slept with her more times than I celebrated my birthday?

I hated to admit it, but I did like him and continued to.

Talia folded one leg over the other before leaning forward. A playful smile curled on her mouth as she spoke to me in quiet whispers that barely left the four walls of the bedroom. "Do you want to know what he likes and what he doesn't?"

My heart skipped a beat. I didn't answer.

"He loves games. Like a wolf hunting a sheep."

"Sheryl told me." I cleared my throat and said while recalling her words. They hadn't left my head since then and neither has the red dress she had hung in the cupboard for me.

"Sheryl doesn't know anything. She hasn't slept with the Alpha and meanwhile, I have and I know everything he enjoys." She clicked her tongue in her mouth and continued.

Blood rushed up to my cheeks and I blew out a warm breath. My curiosity rose, higher and higher.

When I didn't say anything, something crossed over Talia's face and she asked, "You haven't slept with him, haven't you?"

"No." I shook my head, replying truly.

A moment passed. "You haven't slept with anyone either..." she trailed off, reading everything on my face. "And you're not here to become a whore but rather you're here at the Alpha's wishes. Isn't it?"

My throat became dry. I shrugged, unknowing of the answer to her question. Nicholas' intentions were swiftly changing and it confused me as to what he wanted to do with me. He dragged me out of here just a week ago, and now he sent me here, again.

Talia rose up from the bed, the smile still playing on her lips. She reached closer to me and bent down to the side, inching my ear.

"Just a warning, he's a cruel monster when it comes to women. It's all about whether you can enjoy it or not because if you can't, it's better if you start running from here and find an escape before it's too late." She whispered in my ear before parting away and leaving.

My face heated in realization. I ran my tongue across my lips as my chest rose and dropped.

Just as Talia left, Angel came in, forcing me to come with her downstairs to have dinner. As much as I didn't want to eat, I ended up going down and having some soup that was prepared earlier. It was all I could manage to keep down.

Time passed by slowly and I counted every minute I was away. Dinner ended by seven and the house was dead by eight. By eight-thirty, I was staring at the clock screwed onto the wall against the bed I lay on. The thin needle moved at a slow, torturous speed.

Even when I tried to sleep, I couldn't. My thoughts kept me awake along with the snores of Angel who was sleeping near me.

I stretched over the small bed, making myself relaxed but it was impossible. I kept going back to wondering about Nicholas and the night before.

I rose up from the bed and slipped on my shoes before exiting the bedroom. A string like something had held me and pulled me out. Before I knew it, I was outside the house, paving my way across the empty street nearby and running away from Madam Sheryl.

Her house grew distant and even more as I continued to walk. I didn't want to be there, or anywhere but—

Roads and buildings stretched ahead of me. Everything behind me soon vanished and I only saw the house I had been in before.

Nicholas' house.

Where he was.

Where he remained.

By now, it was familiar. My eyes lingered over it as I reached closer and closer till I was inside the driveway. They weren't plenty of cars parked outside, just a couple. I slowly found my way in, sneaking around and staying away from any of the men that guarded the area, or the men that were in the house earlier.

The cold didn't bother me until I came inside and realized what I had been wearing. I had changed into one of Angel's nightwear. It was long, covering my knees and legs but the cloth was thin as a petal of a flower. I quickly wrapped my arms around myself before my teeth began clicking and I began shivering.

I took the stairs up quietly and reached the door of his bedroom.

Only then it clicked in my mind. I could've run away, but I didn't.

I came here, to Nicholas.

What was wrong with me?

Read ahead of Inkitt or Patreon and get access to other books and steamy one-shots. Inkitt: www.inkitt.com/miakerr www.patreon.com/miakerr