Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The black wolf.

"How do you know?"

"Because I killed them." He responded without any emotion in his voice.

I pursed my lips while staring ahead at him. It only took him a minute to kill Evan and Todd. He was the wolf that had torn through the pack house. But he left me alive. He knew I was there yet he didn't kill me. Why? He could've and tonight would've been a lot different for him. What stopped him?

I didn't think further.

Just the thought of that moment made my head warm. I sucked in a deep breath and raised my hand once more, this time keeping my eyes open. My chest rose and my finger curled around the trigger once more, this time embracing it as I recalled my pleads from that night as I begged for both of them to stop.

But they didn't and they wouldn't have.

Applying a little pressure to the trigger, the bullet snapped out of the gun, and residue projected from the bullet came in my direction. The loud sound of the gunshot echoed through the eerie silence. I moved my hand down while returning my attention back to the Alpha.

He didn't flinch, even when he had been hit. It went straight at his left shoulder. But there was no pain on his face.

Still nothing.

"Oh," Something tightened in my chest as I stepped forward and closer to him. "I'm sorry," I whispered while finding part of his black shirt becoming wet with his blood, but I couldn't see it.

"Don't be," He leaned closer before taking the gun from my hand and moving away from me. I had shot him yet he seemed so—cold. "You just made yourself worthy of my mercy." He continued while beginning to walk out of the heavy, soulless graveyard.

I blew out a breath and followed him out, knowing well I was surely going to live another day and another night before something even worse was going to be demanded. What was next? I thought to myself while sitting inside the car and wrapping my arms around myself.

It was cold and standing outside in the graveyard for nearly an hour had left me shaking as I wore nothing more than a thin dress.

The car drove across the town before returning to the same house I had left from—the whorehouse. I couldn't tell what the Alpha's intentions were, but they could never be right.

Just outside, at the courtyard, I found several men leaving after being pleasured. According to Angel, after every battle won or pack taken, the girls in the houses rewarded the men who had returned and pleasured them the whole night. It was odd yet at the same time the perfect reward these men wanted.

From the corner of my eyes, I watched the Alpha as he stepped out of the car and directed me to do the same. I followed him into the house and kept close as the crowd had only gotten worse while I was out.

There were more men, more sounds, and more booze. Wherever I looked, something or the other was happening. Hands swarming over bodies, sweat and sex in the air along with alcohol that numbed their minds. It was a sight I wanted to blink away after getting some sleep.

I assumed I was being taken back to the room where I had been taken out from, but that wasn't right. The Alpha searched around before approaching Madame Sheryl who looked a bit surprised at my return as she had just watched me leave.

The men from her side walked away and she placed her drink down on the table. "Another night, is it?" She asked the Alpha while raising one of her thin brows at him.