Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I was forced back into the premises I had fled from. It was unbelievable. I had ran so far away yet I had been caught the moment I rested. There was something more to this all that I still couldn't understand.

I was shoved and pushed around by two men who didn't dare to let me walk an inch by myself. Hands were steady around my shoulders as I walked into the fairly large seating room.

Part of the sunlight flooded in through the curtains while half of the room remained in darkness.

The Alpha walked up to the fireplace and then turned, glancing at one of his men. "Bring me the man who was meant to kill her." He said.

The man beside me nodded his head and went away. My brows furrowed. Were they going to try and kill me again? A few minutes ticked by before two men returned, one of them being the man I had seen in the dungeon, the merciful man who let me escape.

Upon finding me, he was shocked, but quickly covered his surprise before facing his Alpha.

"Was it hard to kill her and bring her head to me?" The Alpha asked him.

"I—no," the poor man shook his head, now in fear of his own life. "I was meant to. She fled."

My gaze lowered at the claws extending. The Alpha lunged at the man, grabbing him by his throat while his eyes darkened. My breath hitched and I stepped back upon getting a glimpse of the blood trickling down his neck.

"Please. No. I was going to kill her—I'll kill her!" The man exclaimed, now obeying his orders.

"She wouldn't have fled if you hadn't opened her restraints," The Alpha growled, his voice laced with anger. "But you did. You went against my orders and let her live when I commanded you bring her head to me."

The man, shakily, tried to plead for his life as the Alpha sank his claws into his neck and tore it before he even had the chance to do so.

My lips parted in surprise. No. Something tugged in my chest and I quickly looked away while hearing the sounds of his last breaths which came to quick and went away. His body slammed onto the ground with a thud and blood pooled around him.

He wasn't wrong.

He warned me if it wasn't my head, it was going to be his head and even then, I begged for him to let me go and he did.

He saved me.

But only for a moment.

"Clean the blood and dispose of the body." The Alpha said without any guilt in his words.

It was swift, the man's death and no one even dared to bat an eye at what their Alpha did. Instead, heads turned and two more men walked into the room, picking up the body and taking it elsewhere.

I tried to run but the hold over my arms were strong, resilient. The Alpha approached me after the body had been taken and part of the blood had been cleaned.

Heart racing, I turned my head away in fear of what was going to come next.

He grabbed my face, smearing the blood of the man he had killed all over my cheeks as if I hadn't been already covered with else's blood.

"Look at me, Runt." He said, his voice feral.

The smell of blood reached up-to my nostrils and a sickening feeling rose in my chest. I turned, meeting with his glare as the blood from his hand smeared around my jaw. My stomach went tight in knots. I stood still, fear running through my blood.

"You walked into my territory and I let no one leave alive. You can run all you want, but there is no way out of here. Sparing your life means defying my own rules which I rather not risk. Your death is pending." He stepped forward, his heavy gaze still on me.

I held back my breath. A shiver ran down my spine upon hearing his words. From the corner of my eye, I watched as someone walked into the room. His hand left my face and I quickly backend away.

What monstrosity had I walked into?

It was a woman. We exchanged a glance before she turned to the Alpha and rose her brow. The man behind me finally loosened his hold. What was happening? The crippling silence soon came to an end.

"What is it that you require for me at this time, Alpha?" The woman questioned while pulling onto her shawl and covering her shoulders. She was old-aged, at least the way she sounded, but her appearance was young, well-kept.

"Take her and keep her with you for today," The Alpha responded, directing his attention on to me. "I'll come get her by night."

The woman looked at me again, this time for longer. I broke the eye-contact and lowered my gaze while her eyes continued to sear through me. She walked closer till we were inches apart. I chewed the inside of my cheeks, wondering who she was and what was happening. My thoughts were running here and there.

Was I meant to be still killed? My death was pending, but when?

"She's not from here. Why should I keep her?" She questioned.

"Because I'm telling you do so. I suppose she escaped when we were attacking the Moonlight Ash Pack. Although, I'm not sure of her intentions yet so be careful and make sure she doesn't run away." The Alpha continued, talking of me as if I was a threat when he and his men had destroyed my pack and my hometown—and killed my father in the process.

"It's a big risk. The other girls won't like it." The woman spoke while circling around me.

"I don't care. Take her off my shoulders. I need my rest after all the bloodshed and my men haven't learned how to restrain themselves when a female is prisoned here—"

"I'll leave!" I suggested. I didn't mean no harm, it was a mere mistake coming here, nothing more. I would've left already by now if he hadn't found me and captured me.

The Alpha approached me, his jaw clenched, "Don't ever interrupt me ever again," He said, his tone stern before his head turned to the woman behind. "Take her away and I'll reward you."

The woman placed her hand over my back, gently. "Come." She whispered to me.

My breaths came out slow. Where was I being taken to?

"Make certain she isn't touched."

"Yes, Alpha." She responded to him before taking me out of the house from the same way I had been dragged inside.

Once in the clear, I was finally able to breathe. My heart stopped racing momentarily as we approached a small car parked near the other cars. The morning, bright sun shone among the several heavy clouds. I pursued my lips together and followed the woman into the car without knowing where I was heading off too.

Wherever it was, it was better than being here.