twelve

GODLESS

GODLESS.
chapter twelve.

BROOKE SHIFTED AND PULLED THE END of the short red dress down further on her thighs

BROOKE SHIFTED AND PULLED THE END of the short red dress down further on her thighs. The piece was from Beth's closest and made it apparent the two women had very different body types.

Beth led the way, strutting confidently in her tight black dress and jean jacket as she waltzed into the bar. The tacky neon glow of the sign that outlined the words 'the hooligan' was displayed behind the bar.

"Beth, this somewhere you come often?" Brooke skeptically asked as she looked around. The bar wasn't quite packed yet but it was still too many people for Brooke's liking. The scratched wooden floors and torn leather barstools made the scene hard on the eyes.

Looking back, Beth responded, "not since highschool— this is the only fucking bar that never ID'd."

Brooke nodded, understanding to situation all too well as she as she sat next to Beth at the bar counter and flagged the bartender over with her fingers.

"Two coors banquets, a Tito's, and a crown apple," Brooke called out, gesturing between the two of them as she ordered.

The bartender nodded, turning to walk away but Beth spoke up, "and start a tab," she told him, holding her debit card out between her index and middle finger in his direction.

Looking of at the dark haired woman, the blonde pursed her lips, "if I'm paying for you to get drunk, you're gonna tell me why the hell my brother and boyfriend and both black and blue."

"Hey, I— I, uh, tried to stop it," Brooke defended herself.

"Really?" Beth asked, voice hoarse as she shot the girl a knowing look.

Brooke shrugged, looking away as she picked up the Coors the bartender as placed in front of her, "no, not at all."

Beth rolled her eyes as she picked up the iced Tito's and brought it to her lips. Sipping slowly, Beth kept her eyes focused ahead, waiting for Brooke to continue.