twenty five

GODLESS

GODLESS.
chapter twenty five.

THE SOUND OF A KEY TURNING in a rickety green motel door was almost silent but yet still audible in the night

THE SOUND OF A KEY TURNING in a rickety green motel door was almost silent but yet still audible in the night. Save for the sound the man behind her breathing against her neck from the closeness, the air was silent.

Entering the room, Walker barely looked around, it was dingy, that didn't surprise him. A few clothes littered the floor— wranglers and dirty pearl snaps. An unmade queen sized bed with already ruffled sheets on one side.

Brooke looked back at Walker, watching as he shut the door behind him. The Hasty woman reached up, a finger flicking across his face and rubbing over a spot of dirt on his face. Maybe he was working at another local ranch durning the day, she guessed.

"You need to shower," she observed, her other hand coming up to unclasp the snaps of his shirt.

Walker refrained from rolling his eyes, he knew how he looked— she never commented on it before tonight, "you gonna help me?"

It was Brooke's turn to roll her eyes but her cheeks reddened nonetheless at the implications even though she had slightly coerced Walker into offering— however cocky it was, "that was the plan," she retorted, bantering with him as she reached up and removed his cowboy hat from his head, placing it on the dresser of the motel room. After doing so, Brooke simply threw hers on the floor with little regard.

She trailed backwards towards the bathroom, eyeing the pearl snap shirt that laid open against his chest, watching as he slowly removed it from his arms. Walker quickly caught up to her, spinning her around to have her back against his chest, holding her with one of his hands while the other reached to undo the snaps of her own shirt.

Brooke stood to the tips of her toes, head throwing back slightly as she placed her lips against the side of his jaw, letting him slide the shirt over and off of her shoulders with ease. Walker's own hand moving down to undo his own belt before reaching around and with a flick of his wrist, he undid her own belt buckle, pulling the leather strap open.