Chapter 24: Disappearance

~~~~~~~
Blythe
~~~~~~~

I stood near the school, sipping at the coffee Doux made for me before heading to school himself.
I sighed, the final warning bell ringing and all the students were already inside, except the blonde that was currently running down the sidewalk.
I raised a brow as he paused by me, barely avoiding me.
I started walking down the street.
Obviously, she didn't go to school here.
I furrowed my brows, trying to figure out where she could be.

~~~~~~~
Arya
~~~~~~~

We were all waiting inside the classroom with Coach Lawrence.
Skylar called me just after the final warning bell, saying that she was running late.
Claire I were paired together, awkwardly, along side Steve and Eli.
Skylar then entered.
"Sorry I'm late I... Slept through my alarm." She stated slowly, watching how everyone was eyeing her.
"Congratulations Skylar, You're now a single mother." He stated, shoving a bag of flour into her arms.
"Great." Skylar stated sarcastically, taking her seat next to me.
"Hey, Steve and Eli ended up adopting a child together." I stated, trying to cheer her up.
She raised her hand, my hand meeting hers almost immediately in a high-five as she muttered a 'nice'.
We chuckled slightly before paying attention to the lecture.
Then we got to customizing our flour bags.
"What are you naming yours?" Claire then asked Skylar.
"Why would I name a bag of flour?" She asked in turn as I drew the eyes while Claire did the hair.
"Because this bag of flour is your baby for a day." Claire stated, causing Skylar to snort.
"It's an inanimate object." Skylar argued, raising a brow.
"Baby." I stated.
"Ugh fine... Octavia. Okay? How's that?" Skylar stated, shrugging.
"Ours is named Petunia." Claire stated.
"I thought we were gonna call it Breadley Rye Cooper." I stated, meeting Claire's gaze.
Claire gasped, nodding with a smile after.
I glanced over at Skylar, amusement dancing in her eyes as she bit her lip, trying her hardest not to laugh.
"We all know you love a good pun, Sky." I stated, causing her to meet my gaze.
"Don't you mean a good bun?" She questioned, not able to suppress her smile.
Claire, Toby, Darci, and myself all fell silent, exchanging glances before we all burst into laughter.

Later we were walking over to Skylar's house after hanging out at the diner.
I sill couldn't believe that Mary and Logan already killed theirs.
By giving it a bath no less.
That's when Dalius ran up to me.
"Hey, you were right. There's lot to do around here. Kinda sad that nothing really changed in society while I was trapped in that place, but hey- What can you do?" He spoke quickly, no doubt hyped up on sugar.
Then he noticed the flour bags.
"What are those for?" He questioned.
"School project for health class." I explained, receiving a shrug from him.
We made it to Skylar's place without any incident, which was a welcome change to what usually occurs.
As we made our way down to the basement, Toby frowned at the flier he was holding for the rock show.
However, I was quickly distracted by what the three trolls were doing.
Playing D&D.
"Hey nerds." Skylar greeted with a playful smile, moving over to Draal and plopping down next to him.
I couldn't help the smirk coming to my face, but one look at Claire's and I knew she was missing Jim again.
It didn't feel right without him.
Draal moved his arm behind Skylar, supporting her slightly as he glanced at her.
Blinky then spoke up.
"Should I be alarmed of the fact that you are stockpiling flour?" He questioned.
"It's for a school project. About Babies." Skylar stated, setting Octavia aside.
"Ah, so that's why it's called 'a bun in the oven'." Blinky spoke, causing us to snort slightly.
"Sure. Why not." Skylar stated with a shrug.
That's when something sounded outside, Skylar tensing.
"I'll check it out. You guys stay here." She stated, heading to the stairs before stopping.
"Draal, keep an eye on the bag of flour please. I really don't want to get an 'F' on a project as simple as this." She stated, causing him to grunt with a nod.
She then headed upstairs.
"Uh, guys. The center piece of the rock show I was talking about earlier..." Toby then spoke up, catching our attention.
"Looks a bit like a troll arm." He finished, handing the flyer over to Blinky, who held the flyer to the light as he faced Draal.
"Great Gorgus! That is a troll arm!" Blinky stated, eyes widening.
"Who could be so careless to lose an arm?" He asked, lowering it as Draal crossed his arms.
"Not mine." He stated simply, looking guilty as ever.
That's when Barbara entered the basement, frowning as she looked us over.
"Have you guys seen Skylar?" She asked.
"Yeah, she went outside to check on a noise we heard." Toby stated.
"I checked the back. She isn't out there." She then stated.
"I will go find her." Draal stated, standing.
"I'm sure she's just chasing off some raccoons..." Toby stated somewhat unsurely despite trying to be comforting.
"In the meantime, you three try to get that arm out of there. It should not be in the hands of humans. We will tell Skylar what's going on when we find her." Blinky stated, causing me to nod.
If only we knew we had to deal with a gruesome at the rock show.