Chapter 28: Don't Do Anything Stupid

~~~~~~
Skylar
~~~~~~

Octavia and Sir Isaac sat on coach Lawrence's desk, everyone in class already wincing.
"Two babies survived?" He asked in disbelief.
"It was a bag of flour! And no one could keep it alive for 24 hours?" He then asked, exasperated.
"I'm sorry. My mom threw it away 'cause I'm allergic to gluten. She wrote a note to explain." Eli tried, although the lie seemed pretty obvious.
I glanced over at Arya, seeing her nod to my thought.
Coach Lawrence didn't take the excuse lightly, crumbling up the piece of paper.
"You all fail. Except for Scott ans Domzalski... and the single mother, Skylar." He stated, causing me to roll my eyes before leaning back in my seat.
"I weep for your offspring and pray I'm retired by the time they reach highschool." Coach stated, causing me to chuckle.
The bell then rang, signaling the end of class.
I quickly packed my things, following after Eli and Steve with Arya right behind me.
I stepped in front of them, raising a brow as they jumped back.
"How was your little adventure yesterday?" I questioned, watching their eyes widen.
"Here's a word of advice since you guys have no idea what you're getting yourselves into. Don't get yourselves killed." I stated before pulling out my notepad and writing down our numbers.
"And if you do get in over your heads, call one of these. We'll get there as quickly as we can." I stated.
With shaky fingers, Eli took the paper and I turned on my heel, the others quickly joining my sides.

Later that night, I was flying after Uhl's truck as the others chased it down the road.
I landed in the bed of the truck, placing my hand on the side and tried focusing on making it brake.
"Damn gnomes!" I exclaimed, gritting my teeth just before Arrrgh and Toby jumped out in front of it.
My focus snapped as I tightened my grip, Arrrgh catching the truck without damaging it somehow.
I jumped out of the bed as they others caught up and grabbed the gnomes.
"Not cool guys." I stated, shoving them into the bag.
"You guys ready for Saturday detention?" Jim questioned.
"No way, we can get the truck back before anyone notices." I replied, handing the bag of gnomes to Blinky.
Just then we heard the sirens coming towards us.
I sighed.
"Well, atleast it's just detention." I stated, causing Jim to nod.
"Oh and tell Draal not to go anywhere on his own, we'll look for Gunmar totogether. He'll listen to you." Jim stated as Arrrgh and Blinky ran off into the bushes.
I sighed, the police cars pulling up.
"Hands where I can see 'em!" The officer ordered, everyone doing as they were told as I crossed my arms.
The officer then got out.
"Looks like your little prank is gonna get you serving a little time." The officer then spoke, seeming to smile slightly at the thought.
"You wanna press charges?" He then asked, looking over as Uhl got out of the vehicle.
The teacher hummed, a sadistic smirk coming to his features.
"No, I have something far worse planned for them. Saturday detention." Uhl stated, causing me to roll my eyes slightly.
"Can I go to a cell instead?" I questioned, looking to the officer,
He only shook his head.

The next morning, I was still talking to Draal as I got ready, Mom finishing up breakfast.
"I'm serious Draal. Don't go out there alone. We can look for him as soon as we're done with detention." I spoke, he huffed a bit.
I began tying my shoe.
"This is the best time to look for him." He countered.
"Draal, I have no doubt in your abilities, but what are we gonna do if you end up under his control like Jim was?" I questioned.
His features hardened.
"I will not fall to his blade." He stated.
"I'm saying if, Draal. Don't let your pride make you do something stupid. Please, just trust me on this." I stated calmly, meeting his gaze fully.
He watched me a moment before grunting.
"I will not put myself in danger. I will simply try finding his trail." He spoke, crossing his arms.
"Stubborn as ever." I stated, shaking my head.
"Fine, just please be careful. The moment you sense something is wrong, get as far away as you can." I sated, placing my hand on his arm.
A jolt ran up my arm, Draal seeming to react to it as well as we separated from each other.
"Woah, that was some static electricity." I stated, laughing slightly.
He simply nodded, frowning a bit.
"Alright, I'll see you later." I spoke, looking over to see mom grab her keys.
Jim then ran down the stairs.
"Can we pick Toby up on the way?" He questioned, causing mom to nod, pulling him into a hug.
"Of course we can." She stated.
When she came home and saw him after everything, she was ecstatic and promised to bake us a cake.
Arrrgh liked it and Draal had some.
Though everyone else refused to have it.
Speaking off, Blythe ans Bular were hanging out in the basement.
Blinky had yet to talk to Vendel about the situation.
"Mom, don't forget to feed the inhabitants downstairs when you get back. And Bular isn't allowed to leave until we figure out better arrangements. And don't pull a little shop of horrors, okay." I joked slightly, causing her to laugh uncertainly.
"He doesn't actually eat people... does he?" She asked.
"I mean, not anymore." I stated, shrugging.
"Blythe, make a list of what you guys can eat!" I shouted.
A boom echoed from downstairs, causing me to sigh when smoke escaped from under the door of the basement.
"Okey doke!" She called up.
"I guess she's still practicing some spell." I stated at the look mom gave.
I then looked back to Draal.
"Don't do anything stupid." I added, gaining another huff from him.
I gave him one last smile before heading out the door.