Chapter 35: Some More Strange Happenings

~~~~~~~
Arya
~~~~~~~

Honestly, Skylar calling Bular to deal with Strickler was a surprising turn of events.
And watching Strickler panic was a nice bonus.
However, chaos quickly ensued as Skylar waltzed over to the table, starting a casual conversation with Nimora as Strickler stayed on the opposite side of the counter from Bular.
"Skylar, c'mon. He's here to help." Jim tried, pleading Skylar to work with the changeling.
"Arya, back me up." He added, causing me to shrug.
"I don't trust him." I stated simply.
"I'm sensing that I am missing a lot of information." Blythe stated, looking at the shaking changeling to the one serving tea and back to Bular.
"Do not trust the changeling. He only does things for his own benefit." Bular stated, sitting down on the floor and opting to ignore Strickler.
"That's a lot of big words." Dalius suddenly stated, just now coming up.
"Sorry for taking so long, I was waking up. Do you have any idea how late it is?" Dalius questioned.
"Arya, wasn't Dalius supposed to be staying with you?" Skylar asked, also opting to ignore the previous teacher.
"But you're basically a homeless shelter. Figured I could stay whenever." Dalius replied.
"Touche." Skylar replied with a shrug.
"Young Athena, if I could." Strickler began.
"The only reason you're still standing is because you're being quiet." Skylar interjected, sending him a glare.
"He never stops talking." Bular agreed.
Nomura shook her head, pulling something from her pocket.
"He could be helpful to you, Skylar." Nomura stated as she unwrapped a glowing rock from.
As Skylar's gaze met it, her eyes began to glow the same shade of blue as the rock.
Just as her fingers touched it, wisps of blue surrounded her and the rock disappeared.
"Jim says the same thing. Figure it to be true, but that doesn't mean I have to like him." She stated, standing from the chair as if she didn't just absorb a new kind of power.
I glanced to Blythe, seeing her eyes were wide with wonder.
"So, tell me what you want, Strickler. And I would hurry so my mom doesn't see you around." Skylar stated, placing her hands on the counter as she waited for Strickler's offer.
Bular huffed, causing Strickler to straighten and clear his throat.
"This has to be his worst nightmare." I whispered to Jim.
"I mean, Skylar and Bular? A team? Two people that dislike him more than anything else? Yeah..." He replied under his breath, a look of worry crossing his face.

~~~~~~~~
Blythe
~~~~~~~~

A couple nights later, we were chasing another Gumm-Gumm through the streets as Skylar flew above us, racing against the night sky.
The night Strickler showed up, he suggested that he help with Skylar's training.
She refused the first couple times until Jim began insisting on it as well.
Bular also offered his assistance, which surprised me, but it was his choice.
Skylar didn't even try to refuse his help, which put Arya off some.
The elf hid it well, but I could still tell.
Turns out, the stone gave Skylar the power to control water, which was awesome to watch in action.
I sighed once we finally caught up to the gumm-gumms, out of breath as I raised my hands to cast a spell.
Skylar dove down, drawing her sword and cutting the gumm-gumm in half, watching as it crumbled to stone.
"Why didn't anyone double check the signs?" She asked.
"Sorry, that was on me." Toby stated sheepishly.
She sighed, putting her sword away and let her armor disappear.
That's when I noticed a bruise on her arm.
"Rough training session?" I questioned, causing her to glare at nothing in particular.
"He's infuriating." She replied simply.
That's when we looked back to the others just in time to see Arrrgh take the gumm-gumms helmet and put it on his head.
"Hey! You look just like a Gumm-Gumm." Toby stated.
"Yes." Arrrgh replied simply.
Skylar sighed softly, running a hand through her hair before holding it up to cause Blinky to stop talking.
"It's his choice. And it could work as long as he gets in and out with no risks. We could get out of this stalemate and pull ahead of Gunmar. It's what we could all use." She stated, placing the amulet into her bag before looking around.
"Arya, I want you to begin training Blythe in combat outside of magic. If you're up for it." She spoke, turning to me and the elf.
Arya turned her gaze to me, sizing me up.
"She has potential. I can't promise a perfect soldier though." Arya stated.
"We don't need a perfect soldier. I just need her to be able to protect herself if she can't access her magic." Skylar replied before sighing, looking towards the horizon.
"The sun will be rising soon." Jim observed.

~~~~~~
Bular
~~~~~~

The Trollhunter's birth giver stared at me from the stares, arms crossed.
"So..." Dalius spoke with a nervous laugh.
She just sighed, shaking her head as Nimora rolled the dice.
"Eight! Boulevard's mine!" The changeling shouted, completely ignoring the situation.
"So you're Bular." She questioned.
"Yes." I stated, nodding slightly as she made her way down the rest of the steps with what looked to be paint.
"Alrighty then." She stated, tending to her own business as Dalius rolled.
"Ah man, jail again..." He stated with a sigh, moving the dog back into the cell.

Hello dear readers!
I'm back once again and apologize for the long wait, again.
I lost my 'map' for the story and it took forever to find it!
So, I posted two chapters today and will try to post every Saturday.
Thank you so much for reading todays chapter.
As always, have a fantastical morning/afternoon/evening/night and I will see you all next time!
Bye for now!