A Changed Friend

Notes:
This is another little storyline roleplay! Involves kidnapping, neglect, and some heavy topics- but nothing too severe. I've wanted to mess with the concept of changelings/shapeshifters/etc. for a while, and I think I've finally settled for a couple characters for it. This is loosely based off mythical fae Changelings, so if you know about the lore, you can expect some similarities and such, but like usual I've taken some creative angles.

As always, it'll be your characters actions and choices to how this may end or go about the story. I hope you'll have fun with it either way!

Enjoy!

♡The Changeling♡

Name: they were not given a name but goes by Mimic. They will gladly accept a new name, but if you'd like to keep it around that, Mimi is always an option.

Gender: Nonbinary and was created that way. They can choose their gender going forward, and typically do by picking their victim. So, goes by they/them/she/her.

Age: 23

Appearance: This is her otherworldly "original" form, a being that barely has human characteristics copied. But it will not be the form she looks like at first, choosing the best friend's body to copy.

Personality: Mimic, despite being created to be a "blank slate", does in fact have quite the personality

Personality: Mimic, despite being created to be a "blank slate", does in fact have quite the personality. They are selfish, and comes across as rude because of this sometimes. They also have a soft heart though, and is persuaded easily by situations through that. They love to explore, learn, and has an appreciation for everything. They are also a very heavily goal-oriented person.

Backstory:

Changelings are born or created in a different world, full of secret mythical creatures.
Their purpose by their creators is to replace a human, usually children, so that the human parents would not notice their true missing child. They are simply a replacement.

This didn't really bother Mimic growing up. She is not made to be loved- only to pretend. She understands that it's their nature. They thought that it would be easy to do the thing that is their only purpose in life.

She was a little more special than the other mimics. She was created to take over as an adult in the mortal world, and to learn human life by pretending to be one of them. Among them, she could learn more closely their weaknesses, what it would require for the otherworldly kind to take over.

They never knew how beautiful being human was, though. How could they have known they'd want the world for themself, to be free, to explore... to truly permanently replace.

☆Your best friend☆

Name: Kady Marva Ward

Gender: Female, she/her

Age: 23

Appearance:

Personality: Kady is playful, sassy, and fierce

Personality: Kady is playful, sassy, and fierce. She's kind though, and willing to help others at the drop of a hat- as long as it's fair. She will always expect something back, equal to the value or not. She's also tough and refuses to be walked over or used. Independent. Sometimes a little spacey, head in the clouds at even serious moments. If you are rude, mean to her or her friends, you can expect an immediate aggressive reaction with very little thoughtful tact. Loyal.

Backstory:
(You are free to add a crush aspect if you'd like, but since it's not required for this roleplay, I won't put those details myself!)

Kady is your best friend! You two met as kids, all the way back to elementary. You could say you both clicked immediately.

She protected you from other people, bad situations, bullies- you name it, all while you grew up practically inseparable. At points your parents teased that Kady was at your house more then her own.

Which brings us to our next important detail- Kady does not really speak to her parents. She wouldn't describe them as abusive, but they were neglectful. Busy. Always put themselves into situations of debt, owing everyone around them money and favors. She did not grow up with fond memories of them. You were well aware of this, and supported her through cutting contact and moving onto new and better things.

And Kady did. She owns her own business, where you were invited to work with her, as a photographer. She's made a decent bit of money like this, building up her skills and owning a studio for herself for her wonderful job. She still enjoys learning other skills, and hopes to expand the business with some other creative outlets.

In the years you've known each other, you can say for certainty that you both have each other's backs.

Scene 1:

Something odd has happened.. You've tried to go to Kadys studio, either for work or just to catch up on a little time with your best friend, but she's never there lately. It's unlike her to skip out so many days in this way. She hasn't answered your calls or texts.
You wanted answers.. and you wanted to see your friend again.

It was your fourth day in a row of attempting to catch Kady in her studio- and finally, you did.

The door was unlocked, and you saw she nearly jumped out of her skin when you had swung it open. She turned quickly. Her eyes lit up, and she smiled at you, "You're here! I was wondering when you would show up today." She turned again, smiling at a few printed photos in hand. It was as if she hadn't disappeared for those few days. Was she trying to ignore the situation?

You...

Scene 2:

Make one