The Swan Maiden

Note: This will be the last selkie-like page I had planned! This one I wanted to make a bit different and have it as a fairy-tale style, with a very clear end goal and direction to take it in. Of course, as always, the story will go based on your characters actions and choices.

Name: Elzada Cartier

Gender: Female, she/her

Age: 23 years old

Appearance:

Personality: Elzada is very kind, but secretive

Personality: Elzada is very kind, but secretive. She often feels like she can't trust people around her, especially after the recent events in her life. Despite that, she is very gentle and tries to keep her manners in line. Lately, she isn't familiar with any feelings of happiness. She's depressed, slow-moving, and unmotivated. She covers it well with a calm and smiling attitude. If you can get past this and shine a little light on her life, she's actually very playful and strong willed, if not holding a little rebellious streak in her life.

Backstory:

Once upon a time, there was a Swan Maiden. A being trapped in swan feathered garments, cursed with rare magic to turn to an animal when draped over the afflicted woman.

Swan maiden Elzada lived her life in the miserable outside, rarely removing her coat to reveal her natural beauty.
A lonely king found her one day without her feathered cloak and fell in love at first sight with the woman but was shocked when she became a swan at the contact of her cloak.

He was determined to win her over and introduce her to a life of luxury. So, day and night, he waited for her return, slowly gaining her trust in both forms of her life.

Until one day, he proposed, and took away her cloak that would threaten to take her away later. Since then, a king and queen, ruling over a land named Neovia, have reigned for two years. Their story of love has spread to every citizen and gone to further lands.

Reality is often different from pretty sounding tales, though. Elzada was not cursed with her cloak, but feels she's cursed to remain a human like this. She longs to be back in nature, to fly and feel the wind over her wings.
The king amuses her thoughts enough to dress her in feathers and shower her in treasures and gifts, but they both know that she is only there because he has hidden her cloak far from her reach.

Scene 1: (Your character will have to be a servant of some kind for this scene! Either a lady-in-waiting, knight/guard, or personal servant, whichever works best for you!)

You've been hired for royal work! It was huge news. If you have family, they're going to be so proud of you for managing to get such a high and important job as caring for a royal.

It seems that the new queen has asked for a servant to accompany her daily work. It's a bit of odd timing, since she's been married to the king of your land for a couple years now.

But who are you to question a queen? She's asked for help, and you were the perfect qualifications. It's a bit of a tense job, one wrong move and you could be fired for good from any work at the castle. You'd need to be on your best behavior. Especially because the king seems to have placed many strict rules down, especially regarding his precious queen.

You were already off to a bad start today! You were late! A royal advisor to the king had filled you in on many rules before you could go, and the damn man had so much to say, that now you were late to the queen's chambers.
You weren't allowed to touch the queen unnecessarily, to talk about your personal lives, to report back about any "suspicious" activities from the queen- the list kept going. You didn't have time to wonder why she was so strictly watched.

You could only hope that she wouldn't be upset with your tardiness.
You practically half-run to her doors, giving a knock, introducing yourself as the new servant/guard/lady in waiting.

Her voice is soft, inviting you inside.
And when you open the doors, she's already seated at a vanity, still in her night gown and brushing out long hair with a frown on her face. Is she upset with your absence? It's hard to tell from that look in her eyes.

You...

Scene 2:

You're a royal gardener! It pays pretty well, and you're always provided with a huge canvas of beautiful flowers and bushes to shape.

It also lets you see more of that magical relationship between the king and queen, especially before large events, when they come out together to examine your work and deem it worthy before guests will come to the parties.
They always seemed happy to you. The queen was always smiling, maybe not very talkative, but happy.

Still... you weren't actually allowed to talk to her yourself. No one could when she was alone, not unless you wanted to be punished by the king.

It's been two years since she's been married and was tamed by the king, so things had calmed a while. It was a normal day by the palace, a weed pulling day for you, making sure everything looked pristine.

You had moved into the afternoon, starting on a new section of the garden, when you noticed a familiar flash of white clothing. The queen... alone, which was a very rare sight, sitting on a bench with her back turned to you.

You knew you weren't allowed to be alone in her area, so you thought you might as well take a break and spare yourself any possible trouble. But as you turn to sneak off the other way, you heard a sob breaking through the silence.

The queen was crying. After only seeing her smiling and calming presence, this was brand new to you.

You...

Scene 3:

Make one!