The Statue of Soulmates

Note: these are where my ideas came from :)

Name: Azazel Dana Marple

Age: She was 22 when she became a statue, but has been "frozen in time" for hundreds of years

Gender: Female, she/her

Appearance:

Personality: A little spoiled but isn't mean or bratty

Personality: A little spoiled but isn't mean or bratty. She's just used to getting what she wants. She's educated, skilled in writing and speaking, and loved attention even if she was a little shy. She is very soft spoken and not confident in everything she does, but she's always ready to learn and is an extremely curious woman.

Backstory:

Azazel was a princess!
Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years ago- magic and witches and spells were plentiful and alive every day, including powerful kingdoms and strong queens and kings.

It was a horrible day for Azazel when a cruel witch entered the kingdom and demanded royal power from her father and mother. They denied the request, not taking the witch seriously.

Then the witch struck with what might as well have been a full field of soldiers in war. While the king and queen were killed in the fight, one lone princess was left behind and shown mercy.

In exchange for her crown, the witch let the princess live... as a statue.
The curse would only be lifted if her soulmate saved her by touching her hands.

Unfortunately, those hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years passed... with no one to save her from her permanent state.
Civilization moved on, and this tragic story became a tourist attraction. Kingdoms fell and became governments, magic faded from existence as well as witches and spells, technology flourished... the world had moved on.

Now Azalea was a cute little statue in a popular area! People love to come by and take videos and pictures with her! Her story became a myth, a fun little made up story. Magic hadn't been around for so long; it was practically a rumor! She was only a story and cute model to bring attention and tourists.
(Btw, it is modern times)

Scene 1:

You're on vacation! Yay!

You planned a wonderful vacation with your friends, and you all came to take photos with the famous soulmate statue!

You all took turns, taking a video and photo of each friend as they snuggled up and grabbed the statues hand, each more dramatic then the last.

Finally, it was your turn, stepping up to the statue and reading the golden plaque first.

Princess Azazel Dana Marple
The Statue of Soulmates

With another bigger plaque besides the statue reading her story. For some reason, you felt especially drawn to her face all of a sudden. Her eyes seemed sad; you couldn't believe you hadn't noticed the detail before.

As if in a trance, you slowly held out your hand, remembering why you were here. To take a photo.

Your fingers barely brushed her palm when you suddenly felt soft skin instead of stone. The statue was suddenly alive, toppling over weakly, the girl taking in a deep gasp of air.

You barely caught her in time, processing that the statue was now a real woman. She looked up, eyes wide with awe now.

You...

Scene 2:

Make one.