Platform Nine and Three Quarters

The rest of the summer break Hermione spent researching the magical world and discovering the origins of her kind, for the first time in a while, Hermione felt like she belonged to something. Hermione never had a large group of friends and didn't hugely enjoy muggle school, but now she was happier than ever knowing she'd be going to a school full of people like herself. Having read every single book she owned about magic cover-to-cover at least twice, Hermione liked to think she knew everything there is to know about Hogwarts and the world of Magic, she had even tried a few spells of her own around the house and they seemed to work fine, Hermione had managed to fix the bathroom lock with a spell she learnt called Reparo, and she would regularly water the plants with a water conjuring spell, Aquamente. Hermione had also learnt that Hogwarts was founded by the namesakes of the four houses, Helga Hufflepuff, Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin, These founders were great wizards and witches of their time who wanted to teach magic to all magical children. Hogwarts was going to be so much fun, and Hermione only had two more days to wait, then she would be going to Kings Cross Station to board The Hogwarts Express. Hermione had learnt about how to board the train from Hogwarts; A History, You first have to find platforms nine and ten, and then, as Hermione understands it, you run at the wall between the signs nine and ten, which will then transport you on to platform nine-and-three-quarters where you can board the Hogwarts Express.

Packing all her bags for the new year at school, Hermione contemplated how she would control her weak bladder when at Hogwarts, perhaps there was a spell that could control it? or remove the pee altogether? but that might go against Gamp's Law, the pee would have to be sent somewhere? Could Hermione transport her pee to the toilet without going? Professor McGonagall managed to dry her jeans when the accident happened when she received her letter, perhaps there is a drying charm Hermione could learn. But nowhere in any of the books Hermione read would tell her anything of the sort, perhaps Witches and Wizards with bladder trouble simply keep it to themselves? Maybe she would grow out of it in a year or so, that way it wouldn't be such a big issue. Despite fears of being humiliated, Hermione couldn't wait for the next few days to pass, the only thing she had to keep her mind off Hogwarts was to read books, most of which mentioned Hogwarts so the excitement became so much more. One of the books Hermione read was a history of the great wizarding war, the book was a true story of a man named Voldemort, or as many wizards chose to call him, You know who or He who must not be named. The book told of his crimes and renowned use of dark magic. According to the book, Voldemort had been at large for years and it only came to an end when a young boy named Harry Potter managed to stop him. Hermione could tell that a lot of the story was dramatised and made into a legend but she inferred that some kind of strong magical bond between Harry Potter and his parents made Voldemort's killing curse backfire, Hermione had also figured out that Harry Potter is the same age as her, so if he even exists, he would be coming to Hogwarts this year also.

After supper, Hermione headed up to her room to read some more about the legend surrounding Voldermort and who he actually is, only very few people know his true identity. Just as Hermione was reading some more, an owl flew in through her bedroom window, carrying a letter in its beak. Addressed to her, Hermione wondered who it may be from, she opened it up and read,

Dear Hermione,

I hope you don't mind me writing to you, It's Ellie, we met in Madame Malkin's a few weeks ago, I just wanted to ask if you knew anyone else who is starting Hogwarts this year, I don't know anyone and would love to have some friends to spend the first day with.

See you soon,

Ellie.

Hermione was touched that she'd already made a friend at Hogwarts, she wrote back explaining how she neither had anyone to spend the day with so would be delighted to be friends with Ellie.