Professor Snape's Antics

Hermione spent the majority of the previous night reading about a vanishing spell as a way to discard her used nappies without her housemates knowing. She read about the transfiguration spell Evanesco, which essentially transported an object into non-being, which was to say, everything. This spell however was incredibly difficult and as Hermione had not had a single transfiguration class yet, she decided it was almost impossible for her to learn it overnight. She then decided that she would use the bathroom bin and hoped nobody in her dormitory ever noticed. 

Waking up and climbing out of bed, she saw Ellie was already dressed and ready for breakfast, Hermione smiled and said good morning before heading off to the bathroom. Hermione entered a stall and removed her pull-up, which as she was used to by now, was soaked through. Hermione placed it in the bin and crossed her fingers. She then put her Pyjama bottoms back on and washed her hands. She brushed her teeth and went back into the bedroom to get dressed. Hermione picked out a pair of black pants, and a matching vest top. She undressed from her pyjamas and tried to put her underwear on as quickly as possible to eliminate the chance of anyone seeing her body, as she was not yet as body-confident as her peers were. Hermione then pulled on her school skirt, her white blouse and grey stockings. She tied her tie, which had now transitioned into the scarlet and gold stripes of Gryffindor, and finally, she placed her cloak on the end of her bed to wear as she went to breakfast.  

"Sleep well?" Ellie asked.

"Yes, quite," Hermione responded.

"Well that's good, I guess the others want a lay in," Ellie laughed as she nodded towards the others.

Hermione and Ellie, headed downstairs to the common room where they saw Fred and George bewitching the fireplace to curse at passerbys. The two sat down in the armchairs and waited for the others before heading down to breakfast. 

The group of Gryffindor first years all walked together to Breakfast, they walked up and down corridors, descending staircases to find the Great Hall. Anytime they passed a group of people, mumrurs and whispered about Harry Potter circulated around the group. Harry was clearly becoming more and more irritated by this. Eventually, they concluded that the stairs must have playing tricks on them, as despite only descending stairs, they passed the same statue three times and Lavender could swear they were on the seventh floor at one point. Ron decided to heckle a portrait to find out where they were, "Oi! big nose! Where in the bloody hell is the great hall? I'm starving." 

The portrait tutted and Hermione apologised. They finally found the marble staircase they ascended the previous night, and to everyone's delight, arrived at the great hall. 

After breakfast, Hermione checked her timetable and saw she Herbology first thing, with the Ravenclaws. They walked across to the Greenhouse and met Professor Sprout, a dumpy little witch who screatched about the care of magical plants. Hermione learnt about Devil's Snare, and it's constricting abilities. It evolved at a similar time to the Boa Constrictor, but along the plant genus, it's only downside was it's photosensitive properties, which made it allergic to light. Hermione assumed that's why it evolved to eat animals as it was unable to photosynthesize. 

The rest of Hermione's first week was mostly the same, lessons learning about different strains of Magic and skills, they had to study the night skies through their telescopes every Wednesday at midnight and learn the names of different stars and the movements of the planets. Easily the most boring class was History of Magic, which was the only one taught by a ghost. Professor Binns had been very old indeed when he had fallen asleep in front of the staff room fire and got up next morning to teach, leaving his body behind him. Binns droned on and on while they scribbled down names and dates, and got Emetic the Evil and Uric the Oddball mixed up.