Character sketch

Anirudh Roy Chowdhary: A young lad of 21 who has just returned from London after completing his degree of Lawyer(Barrister)

Bondita Das: A young girl of 15 living with her widow mother in her maternal uncle's house. A girl who shocked everyone with her mind boggling arguments, who used to be fun and mischeivious but has been subject to trauma after her beloved father's death.

Trilochan Roy Chowdhary: Anirudh's uncle and older twin of his father. He took care of him and his brothers after their mother's demise. A strict follower of prevailing rituals and rites of the Indian society at that time.

Binoy Roy Chowdhary: Anirudh's father. Is influenced by the western culture. not too religious but is bound by relationship towards his older brother. A reputed Zamindar in Tulsipur.

Somnath Roy Chowdhary: Second son of R.C. family. 18 years old. Short tempered and emotional.

Batuk Roy Chowdhary: Youngest son of R.C. family. 8 years old. Never saw his mother as she died while giving birth to him. Always yearning for motherly love although his kaka has taken care of him but does not show it. Cute innocent mischievious.

Sumati Das: Bondita's mom.

Sampurna: Bondita's maternal uncle's daughter. Her cousin sister whom bondita confides her secrets with. 18 years old

Soudamini: Anirudh's childhood friend who loves him a lot ( or not....)  same age as Somnath- 18 yrs old

Bihari babu: The faithful and loyal servant of R.C. family. Kind hearted .

Sourav: Anirudh's childhood friend. Sampurna's husband 21 years old

Note: I will add more characters as they are introduced. Many might not like my story because my story depicts anirudh as a young man who is playful , argumentative, short tempered but also sweet respectful and loyal. But that is not the turn . The turn is that
1. In my story bondita is not a 8 year old but a teenager of 15.
2. Anirudh has come from London and is of liberal mind. So he still views Bondita as a child.
3. Appearance of Anirudh is same. Bondita is a girl of around 5'3 in height. She has a round face, almond eyes, heart lips, high rise nose. She is a beauty and as she is a teenager you can imagine a bosom of a 14 15 year old as in those days puberty started late usually.
4. Bondita is not a weak or fragile girl. She had always watched her father , a reputed zamindar too, carry a sword and a gun and had wanted to use those too. She was close to her father as although he did not approve of her tarks he never tried to stop her from speaking her mind in front of him. However her father's demise, which she witnessed in front of his eyes, left her traumatized. The girl who would not stop with her tarks did not speak for 2 years after her father's death. Slowly, she started being numb to others around her except her mother who was ill treated but she was too pained to fight against her. Over time Bondita realized her responsibility now as a daughter. She decided to be strong for her mother.

4. I have written pure English here but the story will be in Hinglish taaki dialogues padke feel aye. 🙂