Ch. 11 Bondita is deceived!

Sorry for the long wait guys. This is gonna be a really long chapter- 5100 words. So grab your popcorn(or ramyun maybe) and enjoy.😉

*Devipur*

Bondita's uncle's house was decorated with flowers. Inside the house, two girls are being dressed up for the big day of their life- their marriage, for which they obviously did not decide.

Sampurna, the elder sister, is clad in a red saree, wore in traditional bangali style. Her hands are covered in alta, and arms in red bangles. Her eyes are outlined with kohl, a red bindi on the forehead, lots of jewelery and the most important thing to wear, a blanket of modesty, which every girl should wear in front of the society, especially men. Her mother looks at her daughter looking beautiful. She ties the traditional tupur on her head and then smudges some kohl from her eyes behind her ear.

"Meri sompoorna ko kishi ki nazar na lage."

In some other corner, is the younger sister. While the elder sister is wearing a huge smile on her face, excited to see her groom and get married, the younger sister has a dull face. She shows no emotion or excitement of the so called big day. Its simply just another day for her, another day where other's orders and opinions are imposed on her. The only difference- she has surrendered to them this time, instead of fighting, all of this for her mother. She is also clad in a red sari, gold ornaments, kohl outlining her eyes which already seemed dark. Not that she had black orbs, they were brown. Just that, when you looked in her eyes it seemed so cold almost as if you are locked in a dark room. But someone looked into them and saw emotions. She was also dressed like her sister only to look more prettier. Her sister went towards her and smudged some kohl from her eyes behind her ear.

"Kisi ki nazar na lage meri Bondita ko."

Her mami looked at the sisters irritatedly. Why was her daughter so naive- she always thought that. With a fake smile, she went towards them.

"Hey Dugga! Meri dono betiyan kitni sundar lag rhi h."

She opened her arms and her daughter immediately hugged her. But Bondita just stood there and stared at her. Sampurna saw it and pulled Bondita in the hug too. Mami broke the hug seconds later. She just couldn't stay in such a close proximity with her.

Bondita took the tupur and tied it around her head. She started looking around.

"Ma kaha h?"

"Aaj bhi ma? Vivah ho rha h tera. Ma ko chhodke jaana hoga. Ye kya ma ma karti rehti h?" Mami taunted her.

"To aap yaha kyu khadi h? Didi ko bhi to jana h na sasural. Jaha ma ko chupaya h vahi aap bhi jake baith jaiye."

"Hey dugga. Tu vivah k baad sasural m aise zabaan na chalana. M ma hu Sampurna ki. Uske vivah m nahi aaungi kya?"

"Mera vivah nahi ho rha h kya?"

"Pagol ho gyi h kya."

"Mera vivah ho rha h to meri ma ko bhi yahi hona chahiye n."

"Thik h bula ke le ati hu teri ma ko. Bass aaj k din tamasha mat karna. Mujhe kuch gondogol nahi chahiye."

Mami came outside the house. Mama handed a bowl of kheer to her to which she added some chemical. Then she went inside.

"Sumati didi aa rhi h. Unhone kaha tune kal se upwas rakha h aur tujhe bhookh bhi lagi thi. Raat ko behes bhi huyi keh rhi h. Unhone kaha ki tujhe kuch khiladu." She forwarded the kheer to her.

"Ma ne kaha aur apne maan lia? Aisa kaise ho sakta h. Aur kal raat ko to maa ne hi mujhse vachan lia tha ki sidha sasurbadi jaake khana ab."

"Ha par ma ka dil to ma ka dil hota h. Kaha neend aayi hogi unhe jab beti bhookhi soyi h. Aur beta Bondita" She suddenly said in a sugar coated voice. "Mein tujhe bhale daanti hu lekin mere liye to bhi meri beti hi h. Dugga ma janti h kabhi koi farak nahi kia maine tujhme aur Sampurna m. Ab bhala apni beti ko bhookha kaise vida karu. Le didi ne apne khud k haatho se banai h. Jaldi se kha le."