Ch.15 Anirudh's Anger

*RC Haveli, Tulsipur*

Anirudh ran away from his kaka's questions and went to the balcony, decorated with flowers. In the center was a swing covered with roses. Dim English hanging lights lit up the place and the aroma of scented British candles filled the air. A huge 3 tier cake was kept on the table in the corner. Anirudh leaned on the edge, looking over at the house in front, the Bhaumik house, with which he was supposed to strengthen ties today but ended up cutting them off. He gazed at it silently, tears flowing from his eyes.

Meanwhile, Bondita, who had been roaming around the house, saw the decorated balcony and came there. Anirudh was standing at on edge, mumbling things to himself.

"Sab mujhe bata rahe h ki maine galat kiya, lekin koi ye nahi puch rha ki maine aisa kyu kiya? Kyu kiya? KYU KIYA? KOI WAJAH TO HOGI NA. Mai bhi apni baat kehna chahta hu, lekin sune to sahi." He said while crying.

"Main sunti hu, vilaya- oh pati babu. Bataiye na pati babu, kyu kiya apne mujhse vivah. Aap chahte h na ki koi apki baat sune." Bondita said, emphasizing the word 'patibabu' continuously.

Anirudh got enraged upon hearing it and started shouting and throwing things here and there. He started destroying all the furniture kept there, throwing away all the bouquets and flowers. He saw the cake kept on the table and went to turn over the table, but his hand was stopped in mid-air by a firm grip. He turned around to see that Bondita had stopped him. She harshly jerked his hand away.

"Agar aapko itna gussa aa rha h, to jaake diwar pe apne gussa nikaliye. Iss tarah khana barbaad krne ki koi jarurat nahi h. Aap ne to agar aadhi raat ko bhi mishthaan manga hoga to apke baba ne apko dilaya hoga lekin mere gaaon m aise bacche bhi h jo pura din ek roti pe guzarte h, Zamindar babu. Aapko ye nahi chahiye to koi baat nahi, isse un logo m batwa dijiye kam se kam unka pet to bhar jayega." She spoke in anger.

Anirudh realised that she was right and stopped. However, he did not want to see her for now.

"Bihari isse le jaao yaha se." He called out.

Before Bihari could take her away, Bondita left on her own. She went down the stairs into the hall. From the hall, she saw the kitchen.

' Kal raat se kuch nahi khaya h aur ab inki bakwas bhi saho. Main kyu bhookhi rahu?' She thought and went to the kitchen in anger.

As soon as she entered the kitchen, a steel jar of flour fell down, creating a loud clanking sound. A little guy stood there meekly. Before she could ask him anything, Trilochan, Somnath and Bihari came rushing there.

"Ye kya ho rha h itni raat ko rasoi m-" Trilochan looked at the mess in the kitchen with wide eyes.

"Ye sab kya h? Tum yaha kya kar rhi ho aur- Ek minute, Batuk tum itni raat ko rasoi m kya kr rhe ho?" Trilochan asked in anger.

" Ka-kaka vo- vo main....", Batuk stuttered. He knew that it was a rule in the house to not eat after 9 p.m. and breaking rules was a crime. His kaka will scold and punish him. But what could he do? He was just a 9 year old kid. He usually felt hungry at this time because they always had dinner before or at sunset. Because his father attends British parties, he gets home late sometimes. So maximum by 9 you can eat. But he always snuck into the kitchen and never got caught.

'Ye sab inhi ki vajah se hua h. Main to roj hi khana khane ata hu aaj tak kisi ko pata nahi chala. Lekin ye aayi to sabko pata chal gaya. Ab kaka mujhe nahi chodenge.' , he thought in his mind, looking at Bondita.

"Batuk, hum kuch puch rhe h. Tum is samay yaha kya kar rhe ho? Aur ye itna atta kya tumne barbaad kiya h? BOLO." Trilochan asked him.

He shivered in the corner, stammering.