Chapter 30

#OLAPlayPretend

Chapter 30
Sun

Barely twenty-five, I couldn't believe I would find myself getting married to a highly influential tycoon in the country. Nakatitig lamang ako salamin. Paulit-ulit kong sinusuri ang aking itsura. I couldn't help but be conscious of how I looked on this special day.

Kahit na konti lang ang imbitadong guests dito sa kasal, the media invited would surely release our pictures to the public. Ang sikat ding wedding videographer na nakuha ni Xaiver ay kilala sa pag-a-upload ng mga final video sa kanyang Youtube channel. And knowing Xaiver's influence, I was certain that people would watch our wedding.

May mga nabasa na ako noong nabalitang ikakasal na kami na kuryoso sila kung paano ikasal ang mga mayayamang kagaya ng mga Dela Vega. They wanted a glimpse of their world. Even though I was dressed in a very expensive gown and styled by a reputable glam team, I still wasn't confident enough.

I had a clean, pure look that was ideal for the beach thanks to the makeup artist. Hindi niya kinapalan ang makeup dahil hindi bagay sa theme at sang-ayon ako roon. My hair was styled in a loose, half-braided ponytail with gentle curls. Greek leaf and vine hair ornaments made of white gold, diamonds, and pearls were also added by the hair stylist.

I wore the wedding gown that Diego himself created especially for me. It is an intricate lace wedding ball gown with sheer sleeves. The bodice has a sweetheart neckline and sleeves embroidered with leaf and floral designs. Diego made sure the train wouldn't fall by fastening it to the hair accessories. It reached at least two meters from the hem, flowing from my hair.

I honestly had no idea how we were able to come up with such a perfect wedding dress in just a month while others took months or even a year to complete one. Nakakamangha pa na talagang natapos 'yon... but I was sure it cost a lot for Xaiver.

"Chantal!" Hariette's cheerful voice cut my train of thoughts. "Oh my God! You're so pretty!"

I turned to her immediately. Hariette wore a pinkish-nude halter-top dress. Her flowy skirt reached her ankles, exposing her nude wedges. Ang kanyang buhok ay nakataas, tied into a perfect messy bun. Her light natural makeup complimented her look. Gumanda siya lalo.

Habang papalapit si Hariette, nahagip ko ng tingin ang kanyang kasama. Following closely behind her, Macy smiled when our eyes met. She was wearing a white spaghetti-strap bodycon dress. Kahit na medyo unflattering ang kulay ng damit para maging fitted, it still showed her curves properly. Her hair was straightened. Nilugay niya lamang 'yon at ang isang side ay nakaipit sa likod ng tainga.

"Nakita na kitang suot 'to noong final fitting, but you look so timeless today and effortlessly beautiful. I'm sure Kuya Xavi will fall for you all over again once he sees you later," Hariette said.

"Thank you..." I chuckled lightly and smiled.

"Oh, by the way!" Hinila ni Hariette palapit si Macy na nanatili lamang nakatayo sa likuran niya kanina. "You've met Ate Macy already, right?"

"Yes..." Pagkabalik na pagkabalik niya ng Pilipinas ay nakilala ko na siya. She visited and waited for Xaiver the first thing she returned.

"I'm so happy! Wala man si Kuya Art, at least, the love of his life is here to witness his brother's wedding," sabi ni Hariette. She radiated with genuine happiness.

I don't know exactly how to feel about that. I don't know if it's a good thing or not. Kahit si Macy ay hindi rin maintindihan ang reaksyon. She smiled back at Hariette, but the smile didn't reach her eyes.

"Anyway, balik na kami sa beach. I just really want to see you para inggitin si Kuya Xavi," biro ni Hariette. "Congrats! Huwag mong takbuhan ang pinsan ko ah!"