CH 2| On Death's bed

A.N\ ok so I already posted this, but who reads the post? so I will make it a quick A.N here.
due to the way I write, most of the things that happen are made on the spot, and that's the reason why Rimuru's deal with [Great Sage] felt so rushed and unplanned, cuz I didn't have this in mind when I started writing. it just suddenly came to my mind and it happened.

and there might also be some weird things like Luminous's having [Universal Perception] despite her having only [Magic Sense]. I made that error because I thought that all demon lords would have the evolved version, which is [Universal Perception] ah well, she does (did) in this story since it would add more into her shock and desperation.

on the mention of shock and desperation, my portration of her reaction, or more like lack of reaction. I noticed that even when I was writing, but I was low on time and very sleep deprived. I might re write it if people wanted to (assuming that more than 5 people would read this.) anyway, you came to see Rimuru x Luminous cuteness not me ranting.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Luminous~

as I opened my eyes, waking up I saw that Rimuru is still between my hands, while the inside of his body is moving to generate heat. because of that I was able to sleep without fearing freezing to death. 

A.N\ yes, you could die from hypothermia if you were in their scenario, plus I'm making Veldora's cave extra cold and damp. so you would most likely die there.

he didn't just give warmth, he was also very soft. 'now I understand why they always fought to hold him' I stayed in my position, hugging him while being covered by a blanket. why did I stay in that position? because it felt too damn comfortable and warm! especially compared to the rest of this damned, cold and moist cave.

I wanted to stay like that longer, at least until Rimuru woke up. but the dry feeling in my throat overpowered me. so, I got up and went to the pond close to where I was sleeping. I was still holding Rimuru in my hands, again he's both soft and warm which make me more comfortable having him with me than not.

as I was on my way to drink some water, I also got a new feeling in my body. hunger.
'I have already experienced so much new feelings, I guess my old live was very easy compared to this one despite the fact that it just started.' if not for Rimuru, I would have died. now that I think about it, how many times did he save me without me noticing? like stopping me from being erased from time and trying to save Chronoa...

I held him up to be closer to may face.. "Thank you Rimuru" I said in a quite voice. after that I bend down to drink water with my hand. as I was drinking Rimuru woke up.

"hm... Good morning Luminous. I didn't know that vampires needed to drink water."

"They don't, but it seems that this new spice [Lesser Vampire] which looks to be even weaker than the weakest type of Vampires, a [Fledgling Vampire] needs water, and am also guessing food since am feeling hunger. and I hunger for normal food, not just blood. but I can manage"(vampires not needing water is a rule made by me and nothing similar is mentioned in all of tensura)

I say that with a small smile, trying not to worry him.

"ah, well we should look for something for you to eat. and I will take some water with me since it would help us defeat the monsters and could be useful later" he said as he extended a part of his body to the water and starter.. drinking it? no, absorbing it would be a better term.