CH 16 | Great Partners.

~Luminous~

With our dinner done and Ouroboros thoroughly painted brown, orange, and yellow, marking his majestic victory on the food plate, we went back to the village, which by the bodies lying on the ground looked like a warzone.

Rimuru: "I-I think we are... A bit late." He stuttered out with a slow, flat tone, mildly shivering, which was enough for even the half-asleep Ouroboros to notice.

Luminous: "That's for better. At least now they won't pester us. I already heard enough 'thanks' from them for my ears to melt."

Rimuru: "Haha. I think we should go sleep as well, Ouroboros seems tired, right?"

To his question, Ouroboros just wrapped himself around Rimuru with a smile.

Rimuru then hopped out of my arms and into an empty hut, which I followed him into, where he already laid down our bed.

'I hope the sheets are thick because it's oddly cold right now.'

I lay down and covered myself hoping for the cold to stop, and Rimru did the same, with Ouroboros coiling under the blanket at his side.

Rimuru: "Good night Luminous. Good night Ouroboros."

Luminous: "Good night, you two." 

And with that, we went to sleep, or so I thought. Yet even after ten minutes of fiddling on the spot, the coldness didn't disappear, it only increased. Feeling the invisible frost seep into my bones, I got up in anger, thinking that maybe moving around would make me feel better.

That's when I noticed Rimuru, quivering under his blanket.

'Is he also feeling cold?' Yet when I touched him to check, I found out that he wasn't cold, but seeing hot, as if he's having a fever. His high temperature, coupled with his shivering made me worried.

Luminous: "Are you awake?"

Yet even after shacking him, he was still deep asleep, and his trembling only intensified. But it wasn't all bad, as his heat made me feel warmth, lessening the feeling of my body turning into a cube of ice.

'It looks like he's having a nightmare, and I won't question how he's able to dream in the first place.'

Seeing that he was only getting worse, and feeling like I'm going to die from cold, I held him in my arms before hugging him then lay on the bed, sleeping with him between my arms, something which I have come to be accustomed to in the last month.

'This feels... better.'

With that thought, and with him removing coldness from me, I tightened my grip around him and closed my eyes to sleep...

Rimuru: "Luminous!... *Huff**Huff**Huff*"

He suddenly jolted up with a shout, heavily, jagged breathing, sweating profusely, despite being incapable of both.

Surprised, I sat up. I  held him between my chest and knees with my hands wrapping around him and my back to the wall. 'Maybe this would make him feel better...'

~Rimuru~

Luminous: "Rimuru, Are you alright? You've been shaking nonstop, and even your body temperature increased as if you had a fever."

Rimuru: "L-L-Luminous, I-I... I.."

Try as I may, I couldn't make the words exit my mind, I couldn't say what I thought... What I saw...

Luminous: "Slow down, think about what you want to say, then say it. Don't force yourself  to say it now, it would only make it harder for you to focus."