CH 8 | Moments before calamity

A.N/ you might have noticed how the way of writing, how characters talk, and how the POVs work is very inconsistent and changes a bit every chapter.

which make sense since I am a hot mess of a being and have no consistency whatsoever. but it frighing fanfic and neither I or you give a damn, especially since it doesn't matter how each chapter is written as long as it conveys the story  enough.

but if yee all want, I could try to make it similar to how it is in the LNs of tensura. though it will be different since it's all from Rimuru's POV all time even when the 'pov character' is someone else.

it's as if Rimuru is telling the readers the story when it already happened to him.

I wont do it that way because the MC isn't only Rimuru this time. so the pov character will be telling the story, not just Rimuru.

the other way is how I did it in my other fanfic, [Brothers of Predation and Chaos] (shameless plugin UwU) where the pov character is descriping everying in a more 'real time' way than usual 'past' (like how in tensura)

oh and say 'Hi' to the proof reader. @Demokniteboi. he is... Meh. so good enough. he added a few comments and reminded me of... well, read and you will understand. but his typo spotting wasn't that much. but I will excuse it since he started proof reading past his bed time, and maybe mistook one typo -which I noticed while comparing his edited version to the one I wrote- as an intentional typo. but MEH.

and if the notes are too much, just say and WE will reduce them. maybe.

enough ranting get el chapterio boys and gals!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Luminous~

after Rimuru gave me his 'gift' I wore them and started heading forward. and while walking, I stare at Rimuru, smile, definitely not blushing, then averting my sight back forward to where am walking. which I did more than one time.

in one of these times, I glimpsed at my sleeves... 'hm? I remember it being  brown, so why is it black with blueish tent?' it might have been jus because of how dark this cave is, but as am using only [Magic Sense] to see, that means am not imagining thing. 'well, it doesn't matter'

so I kept moving ignoring that small oddity. and soon after, we stumbled over yet another intersection, we randomly chose the left one and....

*Tisss!* (that's how they actually sound)

from the ceiling of the passage, and between the stalactites, a pair of dark-brown wings appear, sticking out from the sides of a [Giant Bat]

'is it the same one? no.. it's probably a different one, but that doesn't matter.'

Rimuru was just about to jump from my arms, but I stopped him.

"Leave this one to me Rimuru. I want to know how much I have grown"

he just nodded. 'I honestly expected him to try to stop and say that it's too dangerous or something' I then put him on the ground and started moving forward.

"Just... Don't get hurt and call me the moment, Ok?"

I looked back at Him and just smiled, I then averted my attention back to my target which just started flying.

'Now it finally my chance to impress Rimuru!..... a-and also r-repaying h-him back f-f-for s-saving my life....'

I rushed towards the bat before he fly's away, and to also avert my attention from my thoughts.