CH 10 | Not so one-sided thoughts.

A.N/ Just so you know, this chapter will be nowhere near as good as the end of the last chapter, because am too lazy to try and make it good.

~Luminous~

When Rimuru created an opening at its back, I used both 『Wind Blade』 and 『Water Blade』 at once, somewhat combining them, amplifying the power.

But it was able to dodge it, then it attacked me with its thunder breath. I dodged it by creating a small air explosion under my feet, launching me to the end of the pillar thing that am on. I looked at the place I was at a moment ago, and it was mostly destroyed, which gave me an idea, and I assume Rimuru got the same idea as his attack hit that same spot.

I tried to use it being distracted by slashing it, but it counter-attacked, but I managed to block it thanks to Rimuru's help, then I returned to where I was on the pillar.

After a bit of time, Rimuru pinned it down, and while I was trying to cut off the pillar connection to the wall/other pillar (this is the third pillar, but I forgot how it exactly looked and am too lazy to check), Rimuru made the stalactites fall on it.

Luminous: "We got you! I didn't even need to-" Make the pillar fall on you, that's what I wanted to say before the snake jumped towards me.

Rimuru: "Luminous"

I was thankfully able to block it, as it was weakened by the many injuries it has.

Luminous: "UGH!! How the fuck did this thing survive?!"

Then, right after I said that I heard an explosion, only for a couple of stone spicks to pierce the snake, and...

Rimuru: "I'm sorry for my selfishness"

When I heard that, I got confused. His cheerful voice disappeared, replaced by a quiet, deeper-than-usual, voice as if this is the last thing he will say to me.

*BOOM!*

He exploded, sacrificing himself for me, again... The only thing left of him was a small, liquidy goo, covered by the flesh and insides of the snake.

Luminous: "No...." I quietly mumbled as I jumped down to where Rimuru is Laying.

I dashed toward him as soon as my feet touched the ground. I held him up from the pile of meat, bringing him close to my face, only to see his body barely holding itself together. 

'I feel cold... I have never felt this cold before...' my legs fell, hitting the ground with my knees.

Luminous: "Why? Why did you sacrifice yourself?!" I screamed at the motionless blob.

Luminous: "We could have defeated it!"

despite saying that, I knew that we most likely couldn't. I was already at my limit, and even though Rimuru has a higher amount of magicules than me, he wouldn't be able to hold much longer, especially if it was him alone.

Luminous: "Why?... *sob* Why did you try and act cool?..." At that moment, my eyes were hazy because of the many droplets continuously slipping through them, falling to the ground, as if they were clouds.

"Did you *sob*... Think I would care about you?..."

"Did you think *Sob*... That I will... *sob* Cry for you?"

"Did *sob*... You think *sob* I would start to *sob* have feelings for you?.."

"D-did *sob* T-th-think *sob* I-I *sob* W-will f-f-fall *sob*... For you?"