CH 20 | Dwargon

~Luminous~

Ouroboros: "I will not let you pick up Dad!"

Everyone: "NANI?!"

We were all as confused as we were surprised. 'Ouroboros could speak? Since when! And what does he mean by saying "dad"? Also, how the hell did he change his form?!' These were the questions ravaging everyone's mind, but it was a bit different for me, as I had an embarrassed, flushed face, thinking about a certain implication his words held.

Rimuru: "W-what do you mean, Ouroboros?"

When Rimuru asked the question everyone had, Ouroboros hissed at Ranga while glaring at him before rotating and lowering and rubbing his face on Rimuru's.

Ouroboros: "I won't allow anyone to carry you around, Dad! I will carry you to Dwawon myself!"

When he replied, he lifted his head up while his eyes closed and a grin covered his face, giving the feeling that he was puffing his chest, despite being impossible as serpents don't have chests.

Luminous: "But why do you keep calling Rimuru 'dad?"

Ouroboros: "Because he is my dad! He fed me, he got me out, and he loved me! He is obviously my dad!"

His sheer enthusiasm and happiness radiating from his every word, which was made clear from his tail wiggling from side to side, was infectious. A smile appeared on both my and Rimuru's face, as his actions were heart melting.

Rimuru: "Alright, Alright. You will pick us up and transport us to Dwargon. But since when were you able to transform and talk?"

Rimuru patted his head while he asked, making Ouroboros lower his head more while he hissed in a fashion similar to a cat purring. I couldn't help myself but pat him as well.

Ouroboros: "I can talk when I get big, and I felt I could get big when Dad named me, but I didn't know I could talk at the time as I've never tried."

Luminous: "That's good to know. Everyone, please get back to preparing for the trip. Ouroboros, let's get going."

As everybody went back to continue their last preparation, Ouroboros moved in a certain direction before suddenly stopping and going back to Ranga.

Ouroboros: "R..Raa.... Can you tell me where Dawrwon is?"

Ranga let out a sigh, saddened by the fact that he could neither help his lords by picking them up and transporting them, nor his lord's son remembering his name.

Ranga: "I will take the lead. You just have to follow me."

Ouroboros nodded and came back to us. Rimuru got up on him, but extended his hand to me, the one holding mine, the same way a man would help a woman get up a carriage.

Luminous: "Ara~ Aren't you being a gentleman? Have you perhaps fallen to my charms?"

Rimuru: "Perhaps. Or do you want me to prove myself by princess carrying you?"

Luminous: "If you did that, then I might consider your offer... Pfft-"

Rimuru: "Hahahaha... Jokes aside, let me help you get up."

When I saw his beautiful laugh, I couldn't help myself but smile upon seeing his bright expression. He pulled back his hand a bit, helping me get up Ouroboros, whose size got even bigger so that he could make a stable spot near his head while he was moving.

I sat beside Rimuru when Gobta riding on Vinral started moving, followed by Ranga and Ouroboros.

While looking at the forest surrounding us while going up the mountain, I moved a bit closer to Rimuru, and Rimuru did the same. I moved closer to him once again while tightening my hold on his hand. Rimuru did the exact same.