Ch4 | Learning the obvious

A.N/... I think I wanted to say something? should I say something??? well... my exams are over and I have a 16 day vacation. but my mood is shit and I have practically, no, I have no motivation. I almost never did, so I can't be sure how long will this fanfic stay.

anyway. so here's the chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~Luminous~

"well... vampires need blood to survive correct? so it's not that bad" said Rimuru in disappointment. and then jumped back into the snake, cutting it with [Water Blade].

'No, I can't just do sit and do nothing!'  despite having no clue how to make fire without magic, I decided to help anyway. while I don't have something that can easily cut the snake like Rimuru, I can make my hands similar to claws.

I tried to enhance my body and generate those claws, but only my nails got a bit longer and sharper. "*sight* I will have to make due with just this...." and I started to peel the skin of the meat slices.

after around half an hour, both me and Rimuru were done preparing the meat. I say prepare, but we only sliced it into squares and peel it's skin of. on the note of skin, I put the peeled skin on the side.

Rimuru gathered the slices and sorted them, then he came next to me.
"it's uncooked, but it's good enough. right Luminous?"
"I guess..." I already miss the time when I was able to eat Tempest food with Hinata.

I picked a slice of the snake, still moist, with blood dripping. even more so when I held it, as if it was a sponge. I expected the meat to be hard and chewy. but when I took a bit of it, it easily got ripped. it was a bit tender. and the blood that was in it came out and started flowing down inside and outside my mouth.

it wasn't good at all, but it was much better than my expectations. and while I was eating, Rimuru started absorbed some of the snake's meat and all of it's scales.

after a while he absorbed all of the scales, he stopped moving and looked to be in deep thoughts. I was cold all the time when Rimuru wasn't close to warm me up. at this point, I already ate all till I was full.

I got up and moved towards Rimuru then picked him up. the moment I picked him up I suddenly felt warmer, which made me feel better. then I hugged him closer to me. to feel warmer, of course.

unconsciously, the tips of my lips stretch backwards a bit, forming a small smile with an even smaller red on my cheeks. "what are you thinking so deeply about?"

he snapped back into reality when he heard my voice and looked(?) up to me "ah! am just talking with Great Sage about the skills I acquired."

"Great Sage?  wasn't that the skill that you said saved us when we got back in time? and how can you talk to skill? let alone it saving us!" I bombarded him with questions. and to my great surprised, he answered all of them.

"Great Sage, despite being a skill, is sentient. and have incredible analytic capabilities. but it's very much weakened right much. and she saved us when she was an ultimate skill. and just so you know, I got [Vibration Sense] [Enhanced Hearing (maybe there is another more correct word)] and some magicules"

"What!! A sentient skill!?! and you get the power of what you absorb? no wonder you were so stupidly strong." I said as as I frowned and my brows contorted in both anger and surprise, as I moved my arms up and down expressing my feelings even more.

'What kind of bullshit powers he have? why is the world so fucking unfair??!!' (I'm going to assume you have never seen Iraq, Luminous)

"hehehehe..."
"Auh... so.. why did you tell me about this? shouldn't you keep it secret as you did before?"
"ah! Simple. because we trust you"