CH 13 | Dinner... Date? Finally outside!

~Luminous~

'Ugh... My head hurts...'

Awakened by the pain in my head, I instantly started asking questions, not to find an answer per se, but to try and remember what had happened.

'How did I fall asleep? No, before that, what was I doing?... I was...'

As I faintly started to remember the words I heard, my expression darkened as its words repeated in my mind.

Yet before I could recall all of them, I felt something moving in my arms, pulling out and distracting me from those thoughts, even if only for a moment.

Opening my eyes, I was greeted with the sight of Rimuru, slightly wobbling, slightly surprised that he was awake. I asked him if he was fine in an attempt to quell my concern at his unexpected awakening.

Thankfully, he appeared to have been sleeping to recover his power.

'Heh, I didn't think he would fall for this type of amateur pitfall, over-depleting his magicules to the point of falling unconscious, and not only that, but it happened to him more than once.'

I then asked Rimuru for the way out as I started to feel suffocated in this cave, but apparently, we shouldn't go out right now, as that might lead to some unexpected changes.

So, I stood up and started moving, and in the meanwhile, Rimuru told me what skills he got, and Great Sage explained how they function.

He got quite a lot of new skills from his evolution, making him stronger than he originally was at this point, which to be honest, is almost scary. 'He was already ridiculously strong before, and now will be even stronger?'

Rimuru: "Oh, right! Luminous, didn't you also evolve? What did you evolve into, and what did you get?'

Luminous: "I evolved into a 【Blood Vampire】, which seems to be at the same level as 【Noble Vampire】. Most of the skills I got are the same as you, and other than the crests and a few intrinsic skills, what I got, and what intrigued me the most were:
【Blood Haki】, 【Blood Manipulation】, and 【Blood Aura】"

(If anyone knows the levels of vampires, please tell me!)

Rimuru: "【Blood Vampire】? That sound's like a redundant name because aren't vampires already related to blood?'

Luminous: "While what you said might be true, we vampires don't exactly control blood. We can only use our own body's blood. Even then, the most we could do is resurrect our newly deceased kin, and charge it with magicules so it turns into something akin to an explosive powder (that's what I understood from the wiki), or use it to turn other being -mostly humans- into vampires.

"And even attacks like Roy's 【Blood Ray】 Attack doesn't exactly use blood or control it, but burn it like any other fuel. This is why 【Blood Manipulation】 and all the other blood-related skills are fascinating to me"

Rimuru: "Ah! That makes sense. But, what's the difference between 【Blood Aura】 and 【Blood Haki】?"

《While 【Blood Haki】 Works like any other type of 【Haki】, 【Blood Aura】 Works to create a magical coating, enhancing the capabilities of whatever it's covering, exactly like how Master's 【Aura】 worked, but with a different attribute and hence, stronger.》

Rimuru: "Then why didn't I get it? And also, why didn't I get something like 【Demon Lord's Aura】 before?"

《Apparantly, Aura-type abilities get integrated into 【Demon Lord's Haki】 hence there is no 【Demon Lord's Aura】. But that integration seems to happen only at the level of 【Demon Lord】 or higher》