Chapter VII: Divine Threat

Trik quietly followed Tymon as he led them to his home. He couldn't bring himself to accept Tymon. The guy had no experience as a Primordial, but he's supposed to help stop Greed and Despair? Supreme Primordial or not, Trik couldn't see that happening.

      Something about what's going on just feels off to him, and Tymon will undoubtedly become a liability.

      This is not how I imagined the team starting, Trik thought to himself.

      Trik thought they'd find Death, mature and powerful, sealed somewhere or lurking in a mysterious cave after disappearing for two centuries. Something along those lines. He did not expect to find someone around the same age as Lisa who knew nothing about anything connected to Primordials.

      Trik found himself spacing out, spiraling deeper into his thoughts.

      Thankfully, we don't have to solely rely on him, he continued. They'll go find another Primordial after taking Tymon back to HQ. The others have been around for a while, so they'll have a better grasp on their abilities. They may even know something about these new Primordials.

      All he has to do is be patient and let Alissia get Tymon some training. Then, they can go find someone more established and reliable to aid them.

     Trik's musing was interrupted when he felt himself bump into something.

     "Um, Trik?" he heard Alissia say.

      When his vision focused, he saw Tymon standing in front of him, holding him at arm's length while Alissia stood beside him.

      They both were staring for some reason.

      "Sorry, I must've spaced out," Trik said to Tymon as he shook himself free.

      Alissia started smiling.

      "Trik, you started randomly talking fast, like you hit fast forward on your speech. Did you malfunction or something?"

      "No," Trik answered. "I told you, I just spaced out."

      "I don't know," Alissia said jokingly, "I could've sworn I saw your head twitching with sparks coming out your ports."

      "Shut up," Trik retorted.

      Trik turned his attention to Tymon.

      "How close are we to this house of yours, Mr. Kage?" he asked.

      "We're here," Tymon responded.

      Behind Tymon was a large two-story house. It had black frames and grey brick as its exterior. The roof was made from dark tiles but most of it was covered by the solar panels that were set up. Judging from the size of the house it could easily be a four-bedroom, three-bathroom house. Something someone with a lot of money might have. The house had a large black metal gate built around it with about an acre of land between it and the house. There was no grass or plants on the land, just concrete, two parking spots, and a dark road for cars.

      Guess it makes sense not to have any plants around, Trik thought.

      Looking around Trik noticed they were in an open and uninhabited area. The house was the only thing that could be seen for miles.

      How long had he been spaced out? He hadn't even noticed them leave the forest.

      "Are you rich by any chance," Alissia asked Tymon.

      Tymon laughed a little.

      "No, it's kind of hard getting a job when you can't be around people," he replied while leading them to the front door. "The house was a gift from an ancestor...who I just realized was probably me from my previous life. Some realtor found me after I turned 18 and gave me the house and a car with a card that had my name on it and the initials 'T.K.' as its sender. Considering I'm a Primordial my only ancestor would be the previous me. But a friend of mine helped with the renovations. Actually she insisted."