Chapter XIII: From the Beginning

Like the others, Trik was speechless as he stared at the face present on the screen. He averted his eyes from the screen and looked at Alissia.

      "Lisa, what's going on? Who is this," he inquired as his eyes darted from Alissia to the screen.

      "I am Viraa," the voice stated, looking directly at Trik.

      Trik began to ease away from the screen.

      "Do not fear me, Trik. I am here to answer your questions now."

      How does she know my name? Trik thought to himself. Did Lisa tell her?

      Trik looked at the others. Mr. and Mrs. Heart watched the screen, clearly prepared to hang on Viraa's every word.

      Tymon, however, was no longer in his seat; he'd moved to watch from a distance.

      Trik was thankful he wasn't the only one who found this experience unsettling.

      "First and foremost, as stated before, my name is Viraa. I am the First Primordial." Viraa declared.

      "The first Primordial?" Tymon asked.

      "That's nine now, isn't it?" Trik clarified.

      "I thought there were only eight Primordials. And how did you get inside me? Ugh, that sounded weird," Alissia said as she rubbed her temples.

      "Calm down, everyone," Mr. Heart spoke.

      "We should let her explain," Mrs. Heart said calmly. She gestured toward the screen. "Viraa, please continue."

       If this entity was another Primordial, Trik thought it necessary to inform Za'Fia of what this "Viraa" had to say. So, he sent a live recording of everything to her c-chip.

      "Each Primordial was created by me long ago, but to properly explain things, I must go back to when I first arrived on Earth," Viraa stated.

      Trik's eyes widened. He knew that everyone must've been shocked at the implications of that statement, yet no one, including himself, dared to make a sound. They all eagerly wanted to learn the truth; where did the Primordials come from?

      The screen switched and began to play a video.

      "This truly is a magnificent device that you humans have created. It will allow me to share my memories as I explain the connections between myself, the Heart family, and the Primordials," Viraa stated.

      The video shows a view of Earth from somewhere off-planet.

      "Over three million years ago, I arrived here. There were no humans at the time, but there were many other creatures, each possessing power less than a fraction of my own."

      The screen then showed a memory from Viraa's point of view seeing the world's many different energies all at once and seeing the creatures she came across as energy instead of their physical forms.

      Is this how Mr. Kage saw us when he first used omni-vision? Trik asked himself.

      "Seeing the planet's weak inhabitants made me want to help them evolve. However, that required me to understand the new world I was in, so I spent the next two million years learning and familiarizing myself with Earth and its life forms. Due to the nature of my species, I lacked a physical form. My body was completely devised of energy, and when one of my kind spends that kind of time in a world without leaving, our energy sync with the planet's. That is exactly what happened with Earth, and I became anchored to its life forms, thus taking on the existential energies required for them to live. After learning all I could about the inhabitants, I could change my form into any of them, which I used to fit in amongst them."