Chapter XIV: Cintracies (Pt.2)

Yes! This power was definitely a gift! It should help us figure out what Avarice is up to, come up with a plan to defeat him if it comes to that, and help prevent many tragedies from happening.

      So, I'll be all-knowing after I learn how to control it.

      I couldn't wait to start learning how to use this power.

      Viraa laughed.

      Temporal Sight does not work that way. Even with hyperthymia, I was only considered semi-omniscient. The cintracy is not exact. It shows glimpses of what will happen, not the path of events that led to that outcome.

      That's a bummer. I don't know why I figured it'd be like watching a movie of the future.

      How do I use it? I asked.

      For now, it appears to involuntarily activate while you sleep, so that may be key, Viraa answered.

      If it's active while I'm asleep, how will I know the difference between a dream and a vision?

      I could see that being very confusing. And what if I forget the vision like I sometimes forget dreams?

      I do not have that answer. Your intuition, perhaps? However, it will only activate at your command once you learn to use it properly.

      While looking out the window, I focused on the reflection of my mom and dad still overwhelming Tymon with paperwork and information. The nightmare where they died flashed across my mind.

     Viraa?

      Yes?

      I've been having this dream where my parents are killed for a while now. Do you think that was just a dream...or was it a vision? I asked. Although internal, I could still hear the uncertainty creep into my voice.

      I do not know, Viraa replied.

      If it is a vision, then things will get bad in the future. We need to warn them and make sure we prevent it from happening. I said urgently.

      There was no way I was going to let anything happen to them.

      First, you are not sure it was a vision yet. It could just as well be a reoccurring nightmare, Viraa inputted.

      And if it isn't, I said snidely.

      Viraa let out a heavy sigh.

      Lisa, you will undoubtedly witness many horrible moments of the future, but you must learn to keep your emotions in check. Until you master that power, you will not know how far into the future most of your visions will be, so there is no point trying to interfere, Viraa explained.

      Wait. So, if I see something horrible, you expect me just to let it happen?

      No decent person could do that. I hope she didn't seriously expect me to.

      As I have stated, even when you master the cintracy, you will not know what events lead to the future you see. So, the actions you take trying to prevent an outcome from happening may very well be what causes it. First, access all you can about the outcome before acting. Then look further to observe the future consequences of the outcome, she advised.

      I didn't say anything. I disagreed with not doing anything, but learning more about the dream was worth looking into. But first, I needed to learn how to control this power.