Chapter XI: Home

Trik had woken up and decided to make everyone breakfast. They had a lot thrown at them yesterday, and today was likely another big day, so he figured they all should at least have a decent breakfast to kickstart it.

      He made Belgian and blueberry waffles; they were Alissia's favorite, breakfast sausages, bacon, and different variations of omelets. He even prepared drinks for everyone – a hot coffee or a refreshing cold glass of orange juice.

      While he was still preparing, Za'Fia was the first to come out. She came into the kitchen smiling. She wore a dark green off-the-shoulder top with a brown plush stole around her, blue jeans, and brown leather boots. Her hair was perfectly done, and her light grey eyes were just as stunning today as they were yesterday. She looked like a delicate beauty that most guys would want to protect. But Trik knew better. This wasn't a delicate daisy needing protection. This was a thorny rose capable of protecting itself.

      Trik hated every moment he was alone with her. He feared angering her. What if he slips and says something that hints at her being a Primordial? Then what? Everyone he knows dies? Why torment him like this? For all she knows, he could've been programmed to be truthful to his assigned Watcher, and telling him to keep his mouth closed goes against that program...

      "Ahh, he cooks," Za'Fia said while taking a bite out of breakfast sausage. "Pretty well too."

      "Thanks," Trik responded.

      "You know, you didn't have to make so much." She leaned in closer and whispered, "Us Primordials don't have to eat if we don't want to. Or breathe."

      "O-Okay, that's good to know." He was trembling so bad the plate in his hand was shaking.

      Za'Fia laughed. That one laugh was like a beautiful symphony that blessed his ears.

      She leaned down to his level and grabbed the plate. Trik could smell the amber scent from her luscious hair, mixing with the jasmine perfume, creating a sensuous aroma around her.

      Was he really nervous from fear or was he just infatuated? Everything about her was throwing him off.

      "Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you or anybody else. Last night I was giving you the incentive to keep my secret. Our secret. So long as you don't go blabbing, nothing will happen."

      "Right." Trik laughed nervously. "Well, feel free to start eating, Ms. Akrosa. I'll check on Alissia; she can be a heavy sleeper sometimes."

      Trik walked towards the dining room.

      "Remember our deal, Trik."

      When Trik turned around, Za'Fia was looking him dead in the eye.

      "Right," Trik replied. Deal? Do you mean my ultimatum?!

      Trik heard Tymon come downstairs as he went to check on Alissia. When he entered the room, he saw that she wasn't in bed. She must've gone to the bathroom.

      He moved to the bathroom door to let her know breakfast was ready but heard talking as he approached.

      "...do you mean in due time? Tell me now."

      Was she talking to herself? Perhaps she was on her c-chip.

      "Um, Lisa? Everything okay in there," Trik inquired.

      The door to the bathroom opened. Alissia looked like she'd just woken up.

      "Yeah, everything's fine. I was just thinking out loud," she said.