Chapter XXX: A Bloody Departure (Pt.1)

I watched, tense, as Tymon's spirit energy began to seep out of him, but it remained low, like a fog rolling over the floor. The sky outside darkened as black clouds blotted out the sun.

"Finally!" Trevor exclaimed excitedly. "You're making this more interesting. Show me that infamous beast you got in there."

"No," Junichiro stated.

He wasted no time and covered Tymon's body in a constricting layer of his spirit energy to prevent his energy from touching anything. Still, Tymon's energy reacted by exploding outward, expanding Junichiro's barrier until it no longer touched Tymon.

As Junichiro used great effort to enclose his spirit energy around Tymon, I noticed the pressure in the air change as Tymon's energy became thicker and wild the closer he was to transforming. What I sensed from Tymon didn't feel like Tymon anymore; it felt savage.

When I peered closer, I could only see one side of him and noticed his ear was now elongated, pointed, and gray. I tried to see his face, but his features were unrecognizable as darkness shaded them.

Then something showed through the darkness. I focused on it and realized it was Tymon's eye, opening as he looked at the floor. His sclera was no longer white but black, and his iris was now a wolfish yellow color.

I jumped as his eye snapped to catch my gaze and looked straight at me. I was suddenly assaulted with an overwhelming wave of unadulterated bloodlust that radiated from him. This sent my body into shock, causing me to hyperventilate as I sat there in terror, my heart beating so fast I thought it would stop.

Lisa, slow your breathing, Viraa instructed out of nowhere.

"I-I...can't," I said aloud.

"Seems being around the Tymon is too much for the human," Verin smugly commented.

If you don't, you'll have a heart attack. Hold your breath to slow your heart rate.

"...can't...catch...b-breath," I managed to reply.

"Wren..." I heard Avarice say.

Wren suddenly appeared leaning in front of me. She ran her finger up my neck until she reached my chin, lifting it higher until I looked up at her.

My eyes were wide and tearing as my body shook uncontrollably, struggling to catch a steady breath.

"Oh? You're much cuter up close," she said, holding her index finger in front of my mouth.

Even though she was inside my disruption field, she was able to create a mini vortex of wind on her finger that sucked in the air from my lungs. Eventually, my body stopped shaking as most of the air was slowly extracted. Once that happened, she canceled the vortex, and I inhaled sharply, almost painfully, before coughing as my breathing returned to normal.

"Now that I've saved your life, you owe me," Wren said slyly as she straightened herself. "If we don't end up needing to kill you, you'll be my new friend."

"Dad's sure to be gentle when he studies you if I ask," she whispered before walking away.

My coughing ceased as I watched her return near Avarice's throne. Then the commotion from the boys caught my attention. 

"What are you doing, J.," Trevor said to Junichiro.

"You heard Father; we can't let him transform. If he does and our abilities don't work on him, even the both of us will be at a disadvantage," Junichiro responded while trying to keep Tymon's energy at bay.

"Well done, Junichiro," Avarice praised as he watched. "What will you both do now? You've kept his energy at bay, but that's not stopping the transformation."

We all watched as Tymon started to get up.

"Trevor. Take my place and keep his energy under control," Junichiro instructed him.

Trevor wrapped his energy around Tymon's as Junichiro stopped.

"What are you about to do," he asked.

Junichiro pulled out his sword. He focused his spirit energy onto it, giving it a purple and black aura again.

"Trevor, don't ease off the barrier, but when I give the signal, create a small opening over his back," Junichiro said as he prepared himself.

"All right," Trevor complied.

Junichiro coated his body to protect himself, then said, "Now!"

When a small opening was created, a vast stream of dark energy erupted from the hole. Junichiro immediately stabbed his blade into the opening but was resisted by the sheer force of Tymon's energy. The protective layer he placed around his body began to crack from the constant exposure to Tymon's focused energy.

Trevor sent a portion of his energy over to Junichiro, adding an orange and gray layer of protection around him as Junichiro continued his attempt to force his way.

"What are you two doing? Stop playing and finish him off," Wren called out. She took a step toward them, but Avarice stopped her.

"Don't doubt your brothers," he told her.

Junichiro closed his eyes as he focused. His sword began to glow brighter as its aura thickened and its edges straightened to match the shape of the blade.

"Sword of Devotion," Junichiro called out.

The next moment, a thin, intense stream of spirit energy shot from the sword, seemingly extending the blade as it broke through Tymon's energy, pierced his back, exited his chest, and went through the building's floor.

Tymon's transformation abruptly stopped as his energy dissipated, and he lay there, still.

Trevor released his energy barrier as Junichiro circled Tymon, examining him cautiously.

I felt my body move independently as I crawled over to Tymon. I grabbed and dragged him to the furthest wall behind me as they laughed.

"Where are you going," Trevor asked mockingly.

As we sat on the observation glass floor, I held him and looked at his wounds. He was in terrible shape. The wounds from Junichiro's attack were bleeding profusely.

I pulled two random shirts from my spatial bag and pressed them firmly to the wounds on his chest and back. I could feel them become soaked with his blood as he lay there.

As I watched him, his eyes started to drift.

"Tymon! Come on, stay with me, don't die," I pleaded as I began to shake him to keep him focused.

Tymon's head lolled to the side.

I began to panic. I tried to listen for a heartbeat, but my heart was beating so loud I couldn't hear his, so instead, I used my fingers to feel for it. After a few seconds, I could feel his heart beating, but I sensed it was also getting slower.