𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

"Not knowing when the dawn will come I open every door

"Not knowing when the dawn will come I open every door." - Emily Dickinson

Everyone had just gotten back from the Harvest Festival, it is around midnight now. I have been staring at the sky, full of stars for almost an hour thinking of my mom and this mysterious monster that's lurking somewhere in the woods. I need to find out what this monster is, I already have some assumptions, however I'm not sure I didn't get a good look of what the monster looked like. The nightshade library probably has a book with an explanation about the monster's history, it needs to be some type of species.

I need to stop thinking about this monster and start thinking of something else. I decide to take a shower, I walk to the bathroom and turn the water on, I wait until it was warm and get in. The feeling of the warm water on my skin is so relaxing. I hear my door open and close, I figure it's Zella coming back from her walk in the woods, that I tried to discourage.

I get out of the shower putting on a towel and drying off. I put my pyjama's on, brush my wet hair and brush my teeth. Zella isn't in the room, that's weird. Who enetered then? What is she doing here?

"What are you doing here, love?" I ask. She turns around blushing, I caught her snooping in my dorm. I am not mad about it, there isn't anything weird she could possibly find.

"I am checking in on you, but you were in the shower. So, I decided to look around," I smile at her even taking the time to check in on me. Would she even do that for anyone else? Is she her to check up on me or to snoop around? I think she just wanted to snoop around, and find clues about the monster.

"Checking in on me?"

"Yes, I just told you."

"Why?" She stays silent, not knowing how to answer. "Do you know anything about the monster?"

"Not at the moment, I didn't get a good look at it," I state, sitting down on my bed, her sitting down next to me. My pinkie slowly moves to her hand, caressing it. She keeps looking around my room, her eyes wander over to my open sketchbook.

"You draw?"

"Yep, I was drawing on te balcony when you were playing your cello."

"I didn't notice, I was to focused," I grin and look down at my lap, fiddling with my rings. That I had just put back on. No person has ever made me so nervous, no one has had this type of power over me.

"Do you have any other books, I might like?" a rush of excitement goes through me, I love talking about books, it's one of my favorite things besides talking about music. I don't really have anyone to talk with about books, besides Zella.

"Of course," I get up and took some books from my shelf to show her. I explained to her what they are about, I showed her Girl, interrupted, The Secret History even The Picture of Dorian Gray. She wasn't paying that much attention to the books, she looked at me the entire time. She picks up Lapvona from my shelf asking what it's about, I was fiddling with my rings the entire time while explaining it to her.

"What's that scar?" She inquires. How do I need to tell her the boy she's hanging out with put a scar right above my collarbone, when he was still hanging out with his clique. She lets her finger trace the scar, butterflies erupt in my stomach and I get a shiver going down my spine. Her touch is like a drug, the best kind of drug. One I would never be able to stay away from.

"That's a long story," I laugh it off. I want her to stay away from Tyler, but I know she will always do whatever she wants. There's no point in trying.

"Who did that to you?"

"Some normies, thought it would be funny to try and impale me. I fought back but I still got this," touching my scar and quickly covering it up. That isn't my only scar, I have a lot more most of them from cutting myself. It's a horrible coping mechanism. Her face softened at the story, she seems sympathetic. My mind flooded with memories of me cutting, getting harassed and sitting by my moms grave.

The absence of my mother has always been difficult, it's strange how you can grieve a person you've never met, besides in dreams or rather nightmares. If I would dream it would be about my life if she was here. One person died so the other could live.

A tear started forming in my eye at thought of it. Wednesday must think I'm pathetic. Crying, In front of her. I look up at her the tear slowly falling down my face, I hope she won't notice. Sadly she did, she quickly wipes the tear of my cheek while holding my hand.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yea, just thinking of the past," I gulp, smiling through the pain. She looks worried for me. She wants to ask something, but waits to ask it. I sigh, I need a cigarette.

"I have another question," she trembles. I look at her full of curiosity. "I need your help with finding this monster."

"You want to turn this into a little murder investigation," I smile at her. I love a good mystery, preferably solving them. She keeps looking at me as if to say yes. "Great."