𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 - 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

"Pain has an element of blank; it cannot recollect. When it began, or if there were a day when it was not. It has no future but itself, its infinite realms contain its past, enlightened to perceive. New periods of pain." - Emily Dickinson

I sit in the lake, cross legged crying. It didn't work, when the slimy cloud emerged it disappeared into the night sky. I couldn't see where it fled to, probably nowhere.

I don't understand what I did wrong, I followed every step, I followed every rule, I said all the right words. Why didn't it work? What the fuck did I do wrong?

Is what I wish to much?

I will forever need to envy everyone that has a loving mother, that's all I want. Is that to much to ask for?

How could magic not even work?

It's supposed to grant me every answer, to everyone of my wishes.

It's supposed to have all the solutions for every problem, and always work when done correctly.

I did everything correctly.

I hear the rustling of leaves, leaves getting stepped on by someone's shoes. The footsteps of two people can be heard, I don't have the energy to even turn my head.

God, I want to smoke a cigarette.

One of the people stops walking, and the other continues reaching the water. They put their hand on my shoulder, and kneel down to my height.

They hug me and I realise it's Rissa, "Lilith, what did you do?" She speaks.

"I tried to resurrect my mother, it didn't work," I try and wipe away my tears. Tears pour out of my eyes again, and I sob into her arm.

"Breath Lilith, breath," she strokes my hair, while encouraging me to breath. I breath loudly and quickly, and cry my eyes out. She looks down at my arm, I can't really call it a hand anymore. She gasps in fright, and mutters "Lilith, what happened to your hand?"

"I cut it off for the ritual. I couldn't go kill someone for their flesh and bone, I'd rather hurt myself."

"Come on, get up. I'll bring you to the hospital, perhaps Zella could help," she gets up and asks for my hand. I try and reach for the wrong hand, and chuckle in idiocy. She doesn't seem to find it humorous, I grab her hand with the other one and get up. "You're freezing cold," she puts her arms around me for warmth.