14. My mom killed him

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"You sure you know how to drive this thing?"

"I've driven one since I was 18. Hop on"

I do as Logan says and get on the back of his motorcycle. He puts a helmet over my head and hands me a dark green bikers jacket.

"What's this for?"

"Extra protection"

"For what?"

"Just..to be sure"

"I swear if you crash this thing"

He laughs and puts a helmet over his face. He sits down behind the steer, making me clench onto him like a cat that just made its way out of the water.

"Hold on tight"

As he starts the motorcycle, my mouth lets out a silent scream. We drive out of the schools parking lot onto the main road. Good thing I'm wearing this jacket because my hands are dying because of the cold. I look at all the cars we pass in high speed. 

This feeling is immaculate.

We stopped at a stop sign, making me look around in curiosity. I turn my head around and notice something odd. A black car. It's been following us since we got out of the school. Is it just heading the same way? Or..

We proceed to drive again with my head still facing the car behind us. I slowly turn my head back to the road but something feels a bit odd.

"You alive?"

Logan stops the motorcycle in front of his hotel. I get off and jump excitedly. 

"I need one too"

"I'll buy you one" he takes his helmet off. "That'll be my present for if you graduate"

"If I graduate?" I scoff. "I will graduate so you better order one already"

"That's the spirit" 

Logan wants to take the helmet off of my head, but I stop him. "I'll keep it on. Just to be sure"

"Uh..okay"

The two of us walk into the hotel. I look behind me, feeling some eyes on me. I frown my eyes when seeing the same black car parked in a corner. Then, a group of men gets out. It's..like I've seen them before but at the same time they just look like regular men in neat suits. 

"Dami are you coming?"

I take my eyes off of them and follow Logan towards the elevator.

"What did you actually want to talk to me about?" Logan asks as we get into the elevator.

"He called me"

"Who called you?"

I look at him with nervous eyes, making him catch on quickly.

"And..what'd he say?"

"I don't know. I didn't pick up"

"You had to. It could've been about-"

"I don't care, alright? I'm busy with different things these days"

"Alright.." he sighs. "Have you gotten any information out of the kids?"

I shake my head. "Nothing I haven't told you yet. It really seems like none of them had anything to do with her death"

"Just keep watching Eunbyeol..she might've done nothing but her parents clearly did. Including Mr Joo"