48. He's alive

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

Seokhoon is holding on to Rona. She's crying very loud. I don't blame her. Losing a parent feels like losing a part of yourself. And in Rona's case, a whole part of her is gone. Dr Ha has never been a father figure for her. He might be DNA, but he'll never be able to be a real dad for Rona. 

"Will you help with the funeral?" Ms Sim takes place besides me. "I think Rona will need all the support she can get"

"Yeah sure. But my dad.."

"Don't worry" Ms Sim hands me her phone. "I put a tracker in his car. We'll know exactly when he's on his way home"

"Thank you" I let out. "Seokhoon told me something happened to me last night, but I can't remember"

"I've made an appointment at the doctor tomorrow morning. We need to do a brain scan to make sure everything is okay"

"I don't have dementia do I?"

"It's not common among teenagers. It's most likely those drugs"

I sigh. "Who's so focused on erasing my memories.."

Rona and Seokhoon walk up to us. Rona looks very weak and pale. I reach to her hand. It's ice cold. I glance at Seokhoon. Tears brimmed his eyes. I gulp down my sadness and kneel in front of Rona.

"Let's get you cleaned up. You need energy for tonight"

Her head moved slightly. I lock her arm with mine and pace with her to the bathroom. I turn on the tap and wait for the hot water to come out. Rona is standing besides me, fazed. She has no emotion shown on her face. She stopped crying at least which is a good sign.

I wet a towel and place it on Rona's forehead. It feels very hot, but she doesn't seem to budge. I clean the dried up tears under her eyes. I then take a bag of chocolate out of my bag and push it in her hands.

"Even though it's unhealthy, it doesn't take many of them to give you an energy boost"

She drops the bag on the ground. It looks like her arms are paralysed. I sigh and take the bag off the ground.

"Your mom will feel much more at ease if her daughter is taking good care of herself"

"Mom.." she sobs. "..my mom"

"I know..I know" I hug her.

She starts to cry again. I can feel her tears hitting my neck. An ache pushed against my heart. Poor Rona. First Ms Oh lost Rona and now Rona lost Ms Oh. But instead of it being temporary, she lost her forever. Logan is gone, Ms Sim is too distraught which leaves no one with a trick up their sleeves.

"Let's go to your house and-"

"I can't go back there. Not now" she wipes her tears away. "Can we go to your place"

I chuckle. "Sure. Only if you promise me to eat something"

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

The atmosphere is gloomy and depressing. Jeni, Minhyeok, Seokhoon and I watch from the door how Rona is sitting on the ground in front of her mothers picture. The flowers are the only colourful thing in the room. 

"What are you kids doing?" Ms Kang marches over to us. "Let's go in Jeni. We need to pay our respects"

Jeni follows her mom inside. Minhyeok, Seokhoon and I sit down on the chairs besides the room. We all let out a sigh at the same time.

"I feel so bad for Rona" Minhyeok says. "She's all alone now"

"She's strong. She'll get through it. I believe in her" Seokhoon mumbles.