51. I am so sorry

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

My dad is sitting behind his laptop on the dining table. I plop my history books on it and sit down on my chair. Ms Kwon starts to put our breakfast around it.

"I need to go back to the US" my dad speaks.

"Again?" I say disappointed. 

"I'm thinking of moving my company here. All the paper work needs to be signed in person"

"Can I say something than" I clear my throat. "I would..like to go to Italy"

My dad's face becomes bright. "I knew it, my princess. This is the right choice"

"I just feel like there isn't much for me to do here" I mumble. "But I need to ask you for a favour"

"Tell me"

"I don't want to go to university next year"

"Dami-"

"And before you get angry!" I say quickly. "I want to try for SNU again. I do really like it here. I'll do as you say and go to Italy for a few months, but after that I want to comeback and proof that I can get into SNU with my own skills"

My dad smiles a little. "It seems like you thought it all through"

"I have"

"Your mom won't be too happy about this" dad closes his laptop. "Let's just keep this between us. Father daughter secret"

I clap in my hands from excitement. "Also, have you talked to Lucas? He isn't replying to any of my messages"

My dad's bright expression turns dark. It makes shivers go down my spine.

"Dad?" I ask after the complete silence.

"He's staying in the US" he replies. "Last time I talked to him he said he's very busy with finals"

"Makes sense" 

"So what will you be doing next year? You won't be only auditioning everywhere will you?"

"I want to volunteer at ocean!"

"Since when do you like the ocean so much" he takes a bite from his toast.

"I just thought it could be fun" I mumble. "Don't you like the ocean?"

"No, my clothes always smell horrible after just driving by the place. And the sand gets absolutely everywhere"

"Have we never been to the ocean?"

"Not that I can remember" he looks at me. "Why?"

"No reason. But it still seems fun"

My dad puts his arms together. "Instead of doing that, why don't you come work for me?"

"For you?"

"You'll be like my secretary. You can pitch ideas and convince others to let us invest in them. It'll be a good thing for your CV. SNU will have to choice but to accept you"

"I thought you didn't want me to work in the same field"

"I don't. But it's better than volunteering at the ocean" he chuckles. "I'm surprised you even came up with that idea. I'll share that one with your mother"

I laugh fakely. "Yeah..stupid idea isn't it"

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

Rona opens the door for me. I raise my arms, revealing the bags with junk food. She smiles and makes way for me.

"I didn't really understand you over the phone" she says, helping me put all the food on the ground. "You're going to Italy?"