23. You have no shame

Three months later 

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I admire myself in the mirror. My hair is wavy and is laying neatly behind my waist line. My mom bought me a new coat for this "special" occasion. It's light blue. I barely have any blue stuff in my closet as this colour isn't something I would ever wear. I'm not sure why my mom bought it for me with so much confidence.

Seokkyeong is standing behind me, trying to find the perfect lightning for her picture. Eunbyeol is sitting on the couch, scrolling through her phone with a sad face. The two aren't really on talking terms. Seokkyeong has been nagging to me about how annoying Eunbyeol has been since their parents announced the engagement and that whenever she comes to their house she only looks at Seokhoon.

"Girls, are you coming?"

Minhyeok calls for us. We leave the room and step outside where all the adults are gathered. My dad is chatting with some investors. I recognise them from his desk. Mr Joo invited them to his engagement party for them to meet my dad. They never forget to bring business wherever they go. 

Suddenly, people start to clap. When I turned my head I could see Mr Joo and Ms Cheon enter the white carpet. Ms Cheon is wearing the prettiest white dress with a feather in her hair. Rose petals are being thrown their way as they walk down the carpet towards the stage. Eunbyeol took her place besides Mr Ma and started to sing for her mom while everyone cheered the couple on.

As I look to my side, I can see Seokkyeong glaring at her dad with puffy eyes. I can see her fists clench together as if she wants to hit him.

"Thank you everyone for coming"

Mr Joo gets off the stage and walks towards Eunbyeol. He gives her a hug, making the girl make a weird face towards the twins besides me, probably more aimed at Seokkyeong.

Then, Ms Cheon walks towards us. I take a step back so that she can get to the twins without having to tell me to step back. I suddenly feel someone grasping my arm, pulling me back even more.

"Are you seeing this?" my brother whispers in my ear. "This sight is faker than moms personality outside of the house"

"What else are they supposed to do" I mumble. "They need to seem like they accept each others kids"

As Ms Cheon has walked away, she reunited with her partner to cut the cake.

"What is that?"

A weird noise enters my eardrums. I look up at the sky only to notice a helicopter flying towards us from far away. As it starts to approach us even more, things start to fly into the air because of the helicopter its blades. Lucas grabs my arm and holds me so that I won't fall.

Tables start to move around and flowers fly into the air. It's like there is a tornado. I can see Mrs Kang falling on the ground, pulling Jeni down with her. Everyone is yelling and looking at how the helicopter is slowly starting to approach the ground.

When it has finally touched down, everything goes back to normal. My dad rushes to me and Lucas and starts to check my hands and face for any scratches. My mom follows him with Ivy pacing after her. 

"You alright?"

"Yes" I say. "What was that?"

My dad looks at the helicopter. My mom grabs his arm and they walk towards Mr Joo and Ms Cheon who are just as confused as us.

Suddenly, a man jumps out of the helicopter. Not a second later and a woman with red hair leaves the vehicle too. She's wearing a baby pink coat and sunglasses.