44. I need your help

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

My dad marches into the house. He throws his jacket and on the ground. I slowly walk after him with a heavy beating heart. He couldn't be that angry for me breaking my curfew, right?

"Dami, you.." he pauses. "What were you doing there tonight?"

"Like I explained in the car. That's the man that found me in the garage. We crossed paths again and I offered to buy him something to drink"

"Is that all? Did he say anything?" he harshly places his hands on my shoulders. "Did he threaten you?"

"No he just told me he was an old friend of yours!" I let out. "Is something wrong?"

"It's nothing" dad lowers his arms. "If he ever approaches you, call me or my secretary"

"You can't keep secrets from me anymore" I mutter. "Why are you so worked up?"

"He's a bad man, Dami"

"So you do know him"

"Yes. But he isn't a friend of mine. Whatever he told you is a lie"

"Why?"

"You just need to trust me!" dad yells. "There are things you can't understand. I'm trying to keep you safe. If you knew half the things I know, your life would be in danger"

"Yes but your reaction is making it seem like I'm already in danger" I scowl. "Is it?"

Dad sits down on the couch and hides his head in his hands. I bite on my lip, trying to keep the tears inside.

"Let's talk again tomorrow" he twists his hands together. "Go to your room and get some sleep"

"But dad-"

He gets up, grabs a glass from the table and throws it against the wall behind me. "I said go to your room!" 

I can feel glass hit my neck from behind. It's not painful, just frightening. Dad gets up and walks into his room, smashing the door closed. I reach to my neck and feel some liquid dripping down. I hope it doesn't leave a stain in my white blouse.

I lower myself to the ground and kneel down on top of all the glass. I can feel the glass cutting into my skin. It's nothing I haven't felt before. I start to grab the bigger glass peaces off the ground and toss them away in the bin.

My knees are bleeding and I see some glass peaces sticking out. I walk to the bathroom and run some water over them. It hurts like hell. I didn't enjoy hurting myself like this, but it takes my mind off of everything. 

I slip myself into my silk pjs and lay down under my cold sheets. I watch the door with paranoid eyes. I locked the door, just in case. It's not like I'm afraid of my dad. I know he would never hurt me. It's the fact that he makes me feel like someone out there is trying to get to me. 

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I step out of the car and walk on to the school property. I put bandages around my knees as school doesn't allow girls to wear pants. My dad was luckily still sleeping when I left the house otherwise he would've caused a scene about me ruining my beautiful body.

On the school's website it said that the school violence committee was meeting before classes. I didn't bother coming. There's been so much bullying in school that I honestly didn't really care who got expelled.

As I walk up the stairs to school, I can hear faint crying. I study my surroundings. I can't see anyone. I ignore it and continue walking, but the crying gets louder. I sigh with much frustration.