18. Quit

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

It's the bright light off of the screens that make me take a few steps back. My eyes are scanning all the security footages, amazed by how cool it all looks. I can see the lobby of the hera palace from here without the people in there knowing that I can.

Not going to lie, I'm nervous. Logan called this "the finale". The parents think that they're on their way to a dinner while they're actually in fact being kidnapped. Suryeon will try to force confessions out of them. The kids are up to me they said, even though I feel bad. 

I got closer to all of them while it wasn't my intention. I knew SeolA longer than I've known them and should do this for her. 

"Dami, come here"

I turn my head and walk over to Logan. He points at the screen in front of us. I can see all the kids standing there, in the centre of the community room. They're all wearing their prettiest dresses. 

"You sure you're feeling up to it?" he asks, looking at me.

I doubt. I can do nothing and sit back, but that feels unfair. But on the other side..I don't want them to hate me. 

"Look if you can't I'll-"

"I'll do it" I walk towards my bag and take my mask out of it. "They deserve the truth"

"You know what to say"

Logan instals my voice changer on my mask. I take a deep breathe and nod.

"Yeah, don't worry"

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

I place my hand on the door and take a deep breathe. I knew this would happen eventually. It's not like I could keep lying to them forever. They would find out. I would rather let them hear it from me then from somebody else.

"The door opened!"

As I step into the room, I quickly closed the door behind me. I walk towards the reeling of the balcony and look down. All eyes are set on me. I've got my mask on. 

When should I take it off..now? Later? At the end?

"Who are you?"

Seokhoon wants to rush up the stairs, but I pull the gun Logan gave me out of my dress. I point it at him, making him freeze.

"No one will come to safe you" I say, signing him to go back to his place with the gun in my hand.

"You.." I hear Seokkyeong mumble.

"Look!"

The kids all turn to Jeni when hearing her scream before looking at the big display on the wall. I lean against the reeling, watching along with them.

"Recognise the place?" I ask.

"Min SeolA?" Seokkyeong says surprised. 

"What are our parents doing there?" Minhyeok turns to me. "What did you do to them!"

"Me?" I point at myself. "I didn't do anything. It's all your fault"

"What did we do?" Jeni asks. "You got this all wrong!"

"Dad!" Eunbyeol cries out. "I'm sorry for whatever I did please forgive us"

"Mom I'm so sorry" Jeni sobs.

"Quit the act" I walk over to the stairs and slowly start to walk down. "Your parents will suffer for what you did"

"Who even are you?!" Eunbyeol yells. "Let my mom go, right now!"